CPU fan wont turn on

Aug 31, 2018
My Ryzen wraith prism has been working normally for the last three months but I realized I did not have the USB cable in it that would allow me to change the colors on it so I inserted the extra cable in the correct slots and I turned my pc back on. The cooler turned on for about 1 second then turned off completely. The pc works perfectly fine except the cpu cooler. I tested all of the fan headers on my motherboard and they work fine with my case fans so those aren't the issue either. I went into bios and it said the CPU fan was not spinning. I also cleared cmos and that didn't work as well. Did I ruin my fan? I do not know what else to do at this point other than to get a new fan.

Aug 31, 2018

I tried both of those, unfortunately all the fan does it twitch right when I hit the power button on my pc and that’s it

Aug 31, 2018

I didn’t find a switch but I checked the bios again and when I checked to see if it’s detecting the fan and it’s not. But the header itself detects every other fan when I plug it in that header so I’m guessing it’s something with the wires/fan. It still just twitches when I hit power then stops

Aug 31, 2018

Yea ive tried both, and the case fans work fine on the cpu fan header. I figured the fan was broke but I didn’t wanna make a quick decision just in case. Thanks for the help!