Question CPU fans at 100% speed at all times.

Aug 13, 2021
Recently my PC fans has started to spin furiously.
The fans spin at 100% speed, and there is no stopping them as far as I can tell. It is the CPU/cooling fans (every fan other than the GPU fans). The fans spin at 2000 rpm, however I am not sure how reliable those numbers are. The issue begins instantaneously when I boot up my PC. The fans also spin when I enter BIOS, where it says that it spins at 2050~ rpm. There are no cooling problems as far as I can tell, my cpu is idling at approximaly 30C, and GPU is somewhat higher, at 45C~.

Are there any fixes or am i looking at buying all new fans here?

PC SPECS:
NZXT H340 ELITE standard fans (the two in front are kraken x52 fans)
ASUS Z370-E MOBO
i7 8700K
GIGABYTE AORUS 1080ti

Lutfij

Titan
Using CAM, what does your pump speeds show? When in BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on?

As for your AIO, although the temps say otherwise, does the pump block remain hot to the touch while the radiator is cold? Might want to disassemble the AIO from the system, with the block on the lowest point and the radiator at the highest, shake the pump/block and see if you can hear any air moving towards the radiator.

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on?

Aug 13, 2021
Using CAM, what does your pump speeds show? When in BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on?

As for your AIO, although the temps say otherwise, does the pump block remain hot to the touch while the radiator is cold? Might want to disassemble the AIO from the system, with the block on the lowest point and the radiator at the highest, shake the pump/block and see if you can hear any air moving towards the radiator.

What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you on?

Thanks for the quick reply. With CAM, my pump speed is set to 2200 rpm (I have always used this). My BIOS version is 0410 (checked with command prompt). I checked the AIO as you said. Yes, the radiator is cooler than the pump block. However the pump block is not warmer than I would expect it to be, around 35~ (same as CPU). My WIndows 10 version is 10.0.19043.

Aug 13, 2021
Can you change the fan profile in Bios to PWM?

OR if you have AI Suite there should be a fan control option in there, make sure bios is changed to PWM first though.
I changed all my available fans to PWM, they were preset to DC (not my AIO pump however). It did not do anything noticable. I also downloaded AI Suite 3 to check if that would be of any help, but it did not really do anything.

I did however get a look at how high the fan is spinning with the software though. It shows that the speed varies from 2065 ± 70. So the speed is not constant, but it is in the high 90% of the fans max rpm.