CPU for 1080p gaming

Solution
This is very depended on what CPU you're buying. A real 4 core will usually be better, but advetisments may not be true.
To better understand what i said, an AMD Athlon 845 is advertised as a 4 core prossesor, but in reality, its 2 core/4 thread prossesor.
Most i5's are 4 core prossesors.
I'd recommend for 1080p gaming that you should buy the Intel i5 7600 or 7600k if you do want to overclock.
Keep in mind the 7600k requires more power, and this specific i5 will need a bios update to work on older chipset motherboards.
If you really dont think you can update your motherboard, or you cant get someone to do it, i'd suggest the i5 6600/6600k.
If again you're in a tight budget, then its a no brainer that you should buy the pentium...

xJoseph

Prominent
May 6, 2017
G4560 is the budget KING, for the price is the best CPU you can get in these days.
BUT as the G4560 is 2C4T you can expect this cpu is not going to be future-proof for sure, I would say G4560 is an amazing CPU for its price for someone who's on a budget and willing to replace them for another CPU in the future.
Good Luck!

A17_GaminG

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017
This is very depended on what CPU you're buying. A real 4 core will usually be better, but advetisments may not be true.
To better understand what i said, an AMD Athlon 845 is advertised as a 4 core prossesor, but in reality, its 2 core/4 thread prossesor.
Most i5's are 4 core prossesors.
I'd recommend for 1080p gaming that you should buy the Intel i5 7600 or 7600k if you do want to overclock.
Keep in mind the 7600k requires more power, and this specific i5 will need a bios update to work on older chipset motherboards.
If you really dont think you can update your motherboard, or you cant get someone to do it, i'd suggest the i5 6600/6600k.
If again you're in a tight budget, then its a no brainer that you should buy the pentium G4560. Its 2 core/4 threads, but for budget gaming, this is the way to go. Dont expect a lot from this on editing however, since an i5 would be a much better choice, but this choice is up to you.
PC building has a lot of "if"s as you can see :p

Solution

A17_GaminG

Prominent
Apr 27, 2017

I wouldnt say so. The G4560 is a great prossesor, but i dont see it dying out soon. It has a few more years in it. Keep in mind that this CPU blows old i5s and newer i3s out of the water. Maybe Ryzen 3 be better, if priced correctly, but as we've seen from Ryzen 5, better not be too hyped about that. They may have performance equal to ryzen 5 on gaming, but lower performance on the editing side, since most games are only able to utilize 4 threads. If thats the case, Ryzen 3 will be probably priced in the mid-ranged i3s.

teknobug

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
My i3 6100 can still play games, but to a limited point, i3's are slowly getting phased out in gaming, the Pentiums are a hit or miss with some games (some suffer serious minimum FPS). It's a better choice to invest in an i5 at a minimum instead.