CPU for a 400$ Budget Mid-range Set up

olivertrinh

Commendable
Jun 20, 2016
I have the problem with the CPU for my set up: (already have 1TB HDD)
Case Z3 Neo Plus
Main Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2
CPU AMD Athlon II X4 845K
Ram Ram Gskill RIPJAWS X 8GB (Single)
GPU SapphireRX460 Dual Fan OC 2GB

All of that cost me 360$ in my 400$ budget set up plus a little bit of Overclock point. The spare 40$ can be use in Cooling or Save up for a 128GB SSD.

The problem here is that should i choose a i3-4160 and a ASRock H81M-DGS mobo, which cost me 20$ less on the mobo, but 50$ more on my CPU.

So that'll be 390$ in my 400$ budget, obviously without Overclock CPU, without 4 cores (which is a issues for some game that i heard about). But more of upgrade point (which i'm not going to in a few years, because i dont play triple A tittles, just League,Dota2,CSGO or Overwatch and some offline like resident evil and gta5).

I'm so confuse now, lots of people (the seller) tell me to buy intel's, but my friend that is professional pc-builder and pc-gamer told me if i don't need the extra CPU power and not planning to upgrade any time soon, i should take the advantage of the 40$ for an SSD drive.

Sorry for the bad grammar, but i love y'all who can helps me in anyway.

Solution
In my opinion, go with the Intel CPU. A Core i3 6100 may be around the same price and is better still.

Why do I say this? CPUs are the slowest improving component in PCs right now, and a good CPU might even last you 6-8 years at this point. If you go with the FM2+ CPU, when you want something faster you'll need to replace almost your entire PC, while the Intel CPU is already much faster, and has great drop-in upgrades.
In my opinion, go with the Intel CPU. A Core i3 6100 may be around the same price and is better still.

Why do I say this? CPUs are the slowest improving component in PCs right now, and a good CPU might even last you 6-8 years at this point. If you go with the FM2+ CPU, when you want something faster you'll need to replace almost your entire PC, while the Intel CPU is already much faster, and has great drop-in upgrades.

Solution