[SOLVED] CPU for Streaming

Tortz

Commendable
Apr 10, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
I'm currently building a pc and planning to start streaming. Would I need an expensive CPU to be able to stream 1080p60? The GPU that I have is a 3070. Should I go with AMD or Intel and 6 core or 8 core?

Solution
I agree with @TerryLaze .
Rocket Lake is right around the corner,wait for the reviews and stuff,and then come back here to decide.
DO NOT preorder them,as i said wait for the review.
I am expecting GamersNexus to do a full review of them as soon as they launch,he is very careful and aware of what he says and checks literally everything from price to performance in comparison to the last gen,temps,gaming test,benchmarking test basically everything.
Keep an eye on that.
You can use the gtx to do the streaming work so the only thing you should care about is which CPU will be better for gaming or the things you otherwise do.
The intel CPUs that do not end in F include an iGPU that is capable of even 4k streaming (so is the gtx) and they would leave all the power of the gtx untouched.

Also rocket lake is up in less than a month so maybe wait and see how well that does and how it will influence prices on older stuff.

Reactions: Dj0gany
I agree with @TerryLaze .
Rocket Lake is right around the corner,wait for the reviews and stuff,and then come back here to decide.
DO NOT preorder them,as i said wait for the review.
I am expecting GamersNexus to do a full review of them as soon as they launch,he is very careful and aware of what he says and checks literally everything from price to performance in comparison to the last gen,temps,gaming test,benchmarking test basically everything.
Keep an eye on that.

Solution