[SOLVED] CPU for video editing, Photo editing, 3d animation, VFX

elegendx

Reputable
Nov 19, 2020
Hello. :)
I want to build a new pc for use: Video editing, Photo editing, 3d animation VFX.
From processors I am among AMD Ryzen TR 3970X and AMD Ryzen 9 5950X.
Someone say me that AMD Ryzen 9 5950X is better than AMD TR 3970X.
Why?
My PC will have, RTX 3080, G.Skill DDR4 32GB, SSD: Samsung 1TB as primary and second WD or Corsair 2TB for I have got my project files and sources footage.

Solution
Apps that thrive on more and more cores and threads would certainly certainly excel with 32 cores...; granted the 5950X has improved IPC, but, certainly not enough to help it defeat another CPU with literally double the core count.... (All this assumes that 'time is money' on your processing/editing; if you don't mind things taking slightly less than twice as long, the 5950X path should be more economical...)
Apps that thrive on more and more cores and threads would certainly certainly excel with 32 cores...; granted the 5950X has improved IPC, but, certainly not enough to help it defeat another CPU with literally double the core count.... (All this assumes that 'time is money' on your processing/editing; if you don't mind things taking slightly less than twice as long, the 5950X path should be more economical...)

Solution