[SOLVED] Cpu frequency rised suddenly

Apr 20, 2020
Hello. I have a question, and that is that the frequency of my processor was 3.6ghz for everything I did with my pc, but now it is no longer so and the frequency of the processor is always changing. When I play games it gets over 4. 2ghz and when I do nothing, it goes from 3. 6ghz to 4. 2ghz. Is it possible that I accidentally set something ?) Cant i change it, so that the frequency always stays at 3. 6ghz as before. [My cpu: amd ryzen 5 3600] Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
They are 55-60 degrees. I these temps are okay but at 3.6ghz the temps were 35-42 degrees. Do you know a way i can put it back to normal?
You are absolutely safe here. Do not try to curb the natural computing power of your processor unless it's getting toasted. Usually, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 generates more heat than any similar intel processor. While gaming, at the time of the turbo boosting, your CPU temp should swing between 63C to 79C. So, here you are well below that.

Further, AMD Ryzen CPUs idle and stress team are way high and you are safe up to 105C. You can check the same in the AMD official forums.
What is happening is your CPU is using its Turbo Boost ability. In order to accomplish a task faster the CPU can automatically increase its speed to a predetermined limit based on power and thermals. There is nothing to worry about with it doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 20, 2020
What is happening is your CPU is using its Turbo Boost ability. In order to accomplish a task faster the CPU can automatically increase its speed to a predetermined limit based on power and thermals. There is nothing to worry about with it doing that.
Can i disable that turbo boost? It just came out from nowhere today. I want to disable it cause it makes the cpu temp very very high

Apr 8, 2020
They are 55-60 degrees. I these temps are okay but at 3.6ghz the temps were 35-42 degrees. Do you know a way i can put it back to normal?
You can disable the turbo core in BIOS (with every motherboard it's different, you can look it up on YouTube or something) However i highly recommend against disabling it since it's going to cripple your performance severely. CPUs are very robust and they are made to work on temperatures as high as 100°C and 55-60 is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about, it won't break anything or shorten the lifespan of your processor.

Apr 14, 2020
You are absolutely safe here. Do not try to curb the natural computing power of your processor unless it's getting toasted. Usually, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 generates more heat than any similar intel processor. While gaming, at the time of the turbo boosting, your CPU temp should swing between 63C to 79C. So, here you are well below that.

Further, AMD Ryzen CPUs idle and stress team are way high and you are safe up to 105C. You can check the same in the AMD official forums.

Solution