Question CPU get hot from the start of the computer !!

May 10, 2021
Hello guys ,

I am having a problem with my CPU getting hot with no hard work on the computer when I work or start the computer, but if I shut down my computer and then turn it back on, it usually returns to normal.
I really don't know what the problem is!
Please can you help me.

note: Previously, I had a problem with electricity, which damaged the Power Supply

* Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - PRIME X299-A
more details: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-X299-A/

* Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820X CPU @ 3.60GHz
more details: https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i7-7820X-Processor-Unlocked-LGA2066/dp/B072NF4BY3

* CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i v2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator
more details: https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Radiator-Advanced-Lighting-Software/dp/B019EXSSBG

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"note: Previously, I had a problem with electricity, which damaged the Power Supply "

A known damaged power supply should be replaced as soon as possible. It is not repairable and continued use may cause further damage and /or more serious damage.

May 10, 2021
This:

"note: Previously, I had a problem with electricity, which damaged the Power Supply "

A known damaged power supply should be replaced as soon as possible. It is not repairable and continued use may cause further damage and /or more serious damage.

The power supply already replaced, but the CPU not.

May 10, 2021
How hot?

What's the chassis?

I see the H100i... is the pump speed set to extreme in iCUE?

We really need more info - like the rest of the PC specs, how was the H100i mounted...

How hot?
Sometimes up to 52 , also as the screenshot the fan is quiet and the room cold .

162069546459443.jpg

What's the chassis?
16206954645592.jpeg

162069546451991.jpeg

is this enough ?

May 10, 2021
Old PSU?

New PSU?

Did you mix and match any cables from the old PSU with the new PSU?

it's New PSU
corsair — 1200 Watt - PLATINUM

Did you mix and match any cables from the old PSU with the new PSU?

I replaced the old with the new, actually I don’t remember if i also replaced the cables

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just 52C? That's it?
I was expecting much worse, unless 52C is actually the liquid temperature...

H115i... well, that's different from what you linked earlier.
Set the pump speed to extreme - there's little reason not to.
The pumps in hybrid coolers aren't very strong, so you're just reducing the cooling ability by reducing the already low flow rate.
It's also easier on the pump motor to run at a static speed than to dynamically change it speed. Let just the fans do that, instead of both fans and pump.

I can't tell what the gpu is other than Asus...

May 10, 2021
Just 52C? That's it?
I was expecting much worse, unless 52C is actually the liquid temperature...

H115i... well, that's different from what you linked earlier.
Set the pump speed to extreme - there's little reason not to.
The pumps in hybrid coolers aren't very strong, so you're just reducing the cooling ability by reducing the already low flow rate.
It's also easier on the pump motor to run at a static speed than to dynamically change it speed. Let just the fans do that, instead of both fans and pump.

I can't tell what the gpu is other than Asus...

Just 52C? That's it?
Yes,

Nice, I will follow your advice and test the temperature of the CPU.

162069840556181.jpg

abut the GPU is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

many thanks for your time and your help

also @Ralston18
many thanks for your time and your help

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Define somewhat hot?
I live in a somewhat warm climate(Louisiana), got a thermometer hanging in the room near the PC...
During a hot day, I see room temperatures around 27C. Thanks to how my fans and coolers are set up, the air inside the chassis doesn't see the typical 10-15C increase over ambient others might see.

My 7820X is direct die mounted(completely took the IHS off), and temporarily running an Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360 on it - when just idling on the desktop, or doing some simple browsing, I still see spikes into the 40s and 50s(C).
I can't monitor liquid temperature like you can though, which is what I think that reading is in the pictures on the right. I'm not that familiar with iCUE.
So, assuming that is the liquid temperature, what are the actual core temperatures looking like?