[SOLVED] Cpu gets hot in prebuilt pls help

Oct 8, 2020
So i bought this pc https://www8.hp.com/gr/el/desktops/product-details/34111446 and when in idle the cpu temp is around 45 with a little trip to 50 degrees which i believe is fine im worried tho when i play warzone it stays most of the time around 75 but it hits 81 for like a second and then drops again at 67 where it goes up again.Is this something to worry about or are this temps fine?I do have the stock cooler and the case doesnt have that good of an airflow.I dont know if i want to change cpu cooler or adding a fan cause this may void the warrany and i also wanted to ask will this pc be able to last 3-4 years even more with these temps or it will be dead in a year with heavy games?I have also played asc origins which gets the cpu to 70 degrees.
AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500u
GTX 1660 6 gb

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for the platform. use the service tag for your prebuilt on their site to bring up a list of all drivers and BIOS updates meant for your system. Use CPU-Z to cross reference your current BIOS version with the ones on their support site.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You can use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall the drivers for your GTX1660 using the latest off of Nvidia's support site. Install the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan

Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for the platform. use the service tag for your prebuilt on their site to bring up a list of all drivers and BIOS updates meant for your system. Use CPU-Z to cross reference your current BIOS version with the ones on their support site.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You can use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall the drivers for your GTX1660 using the latest off of Nvidia's support site. Install the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution
Oct 8, 2020

TY for your reply i will :)

Oct 1, 2020
thats fine I think. though I would put filters on the openings if I were you as your exhaust will make the opening suck in dust.

I think your ambient temp will play a greater role(though still very minor temp change) than your case and fan.

A better cpu cooler would lower that temp better

dimtodim

Reputable
So i bought this pc https://www8.hp.com/gr/el/desktops/product-details/34111446 and when in idle the cpu temp is around 45 with a little trip to 50 degrees which i believe is fine im worried tho when i play warzone it stays most of the time around 75 but it hits 81 for like a second and then drops again at 67 where it goes up again.Is this something to worry about or are this temps fine?I do have the stock cooler and the case doesnt have that good of an airflow.I dont know if i want to change cpu cooler or adding a fan cause this may void the warrany and i also wanted to ask will this pc be able to last 3-4 years even more with these temps or it will be dead in a year with heavy games?I have also played asc origins which gets the cpu to 70 degrees.
AMD Ryzen™ 5 3500u
GTX 1660 6 gb
your case is with no air flow, and try first buy new cpu cooler... probably u r limited with height...the best solution is new case and cpu cooler, add extra fans on case

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
TJ Max of the 3500u is 105 degrees, but you don't really wanna be anywhere near that.

You can begin to worry if the temps are 88-89 and maybe creeping into the 90's.

Actually... have you checked whether the CPU fan ramps up when it hits 80 degrees? It shouldn't throttle at 80 degrees so if the temp drops at 80 degrees that might be the case.