[SOLVED] CPU getting Hot

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
i have a i7 10700k under a MSI Core liquid 240R and i will get up to 85C while gaming is that bad? i'm also not overclocking.

Last edited:
Solution
It's not bad. It's within the cpu's specs, but you've not given much else to go on either.
We know you're 'supposedly' not overclocking. [I say it that way, because there are apps that you can download that will automatically enable an OC(coughDragonCentercough), and bios settings on some mobos that'll have their Enhanced Turbo enabled by default.]
We don't know what a good chunk of the hardware is.
We don't know the airflow situation.
We don't know what this result stems from - games don't put your hardware through the same paces.

TL;DR: 85C is acceptable and within the hardware's specs. Some people probably see that as out of their comfort zones regardless of it being well within the cpu's specs... ¯\(ツ)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's not bad. It's within the cpu's specs, but you've not given much else to go on either.
We know you're 'supposedly' not overclocking. [I say it that way, because there are apps that you can download that will automatically enable an OC(coughDragonCentercough), and bios settings on some mobos that'll have their Enhanced Turbo enabled by default.]
We don't know what a good chunk of the hardware is.
We don't know the airflow situation.
We don't know what this result stems from - games don't put your hardware through the same paces.

TL;DR: 85C is acceptable and within the hardware's specs. Some people probably see that as out of their comfort zones regardless of it being well within the cpu's specs... ¯\(ツ)

Reactions: felicityc
Solution