Cpu getting hotter everyday

Aug 5, 2018
Hi, my pc has been getting hotter and hotter everyday, a couple of days ago the cpu never reached 50º but now it hits 51º, i now it doesn't sound like a big difference, but when i bought the cpu it never reached more than 45º, i have an aftermarket cooler, a verkho 2 i think it's called, i tried a lot of different things like making the fans spin at 100% always but it makes no difference, i already cleaned the pc, heatsink and reapplied thermal paste, im using Artic MX4, why is this happening ?,
the cpu is not even at 100% use when this temps register.

My pc :
I5 3470 3.20 ghz
6 gb ddr3
RX 550 4 gb
evga 500 W
Biostar h61 HMV

I only have 1 fan for intake and i guess the PSu one for outtake, but as i said some weeks ago, the cpu was very cool no matter what. What is causing this ? My house it's always at 18º

Solution
Well, Ivy-Bridge CPUs have thermal compound between the CPU die and the Heatspreader, so it is possible that is starting to degrade.

CPUs do age, increased leakage caused by voltage breakdown could lead to increased temperatures. More importantly, so do motherboards. If the VRMs supplying power the chip have drifted, then the CPUs internal regulation will have to do more work. Same with the memory, if that requires a little more power then it used to the memory controller will have more to do.

Arctic MX-4 does have a minor curing time as I recall, so the fresh paste may take a day or two to settle down and show the best temperatures.

If you took careful note of temperatures with a stable software platform you could be more certain...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Well, Ivy-Bridge CPUs have thermal compound between the CPU die and the Heatspreader, so it is possible that is starting to degrade.

CPUs do age, increased leakage caused by voltage breakdown could lead to increased temperatures. More importantly, so do motherboards. If the VRMs supplying power the chip have drifted, then the CPUs internal regulation will have to do more work. Same with the memory, if that requires a little more power then it used to the memory controller will have more to do.

Arctic MX-4 does have a minor curing time as I recall, so the fresh paste may take a day or two to settle down and show the best temperatures.

If you took careful note of temperatures with a stable software platform you could be more certain. But it could be as simple as a Windows process that uses more CPU at 'idle' then it used to.

I've had a CPU that developed a short to ground. It operated just fine but consumed way more power than designed, eventually lead to power supply failure, and motherboard melting. 12V wires got so hot it literally melted the connectors. But some soldering later and a new power supply and the taxes still got down that year.

Solution