CPU getting really hot.

zactasia

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Recently bought PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds and noticed my PC was getting pretty hot. I don't overclock and generally don't play intensive games so I had the stock cooler that came with my 8350. This made me decide to get the hyper 212 evo. After installing it I didn't see much difference in temp so I took it off, cleaned the cpu and the cooler and reset it. I used about the size of a grain of rice for the thermal paste. Still didn't do much.
My idle is about 30-40c depending on how hot my room is. In games like WoW or LoL I never get higher than 52-53c. Could this game just be too intensive for my PC?
Anything would help!
CPU: AMD 8350 @4ghz
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo (fan is on the bottom side pushing air up through the heatsink)
GPU: EVGA 960 2gb
Case: Thermaltake chaser a31 (1 front intake fan, 1 top exhaust fan and 1 back exhaust fan.)

Solution

That's not unreasonable. 61C is the max safe recommended temp. But occasional peaks above that is acceptable. See if your board's BIOS allows for more aggressive fan speeds or adjustment of the curve. My 8350 @ 4.7 GHz will hit low 60s when stressed, and I'm using a 212 EVO w/push-pull fans.

zactasia

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

Im getting 60c+ playing PlayerUnknowns

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

That's not unreasonable. 61C is the max safe recommended temp. But occasional peaks above that is acceptable. See if your board's BIOS allows for more aggressive fan speeds or adjustment of the curve. My 8350 @ 4.7 GHz will hit low 60s when stressed, and I'm using a 212 EVO w/push-pull fans.

Solution