Cpu getting too hot ?

Jereez

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
I5 4670k 75 degrees when playing gta v. Im running a stock cooler, and sometimes when i play the game, it starts freezing (not sure if it does that anymore) And i dont think that my cpu is that dusty at all. And is 75 degrees a fine temperature when under load ?

Solution
I would say the cause of what seems like freezing to you is in fact the i3 Intel cpu down clocking in speed it is running at, and voltage fed to the V core of the cpu it`s self in an effort to keep the chip cool and to even keep the chip with the stock Intel cooler fitted to it to 75 or 80c.

I3, I5 and I7 Intel cpu`s have a max TDP of the cpu at around 104c as the max where it should thermally force a complete shutdown of the system, to prevent damage to the Cpu.

My advice is if you have a system case, tower based upright system.
To remove the side panel of the system case completely till you get a better Cpu cooler for the i3 chip you have such as a Evo 212 cpu air cooler of a larger size to lower the cpu temps.

It will make a...
I would say the cause of what seems like freezing to you is in fact the i3 Intel cpu down clocking in speed it is running at, and voltage fed to the V core of the cpu it`s self in an effort to keep the chip cool and to even keep the chip with the stock Intel cooler fitted to it to 75 or 80c.

I3, I5 and I7 Intel cpu`s have a max TDP of the cpu at around 104c as the max where it should thermally force a complete shutdown of the system, to prevent damage to the Cpu.

My advice is if you have a system case, tower based upright system.
To remove the side panel of the system case completely till you get a better Cpu cooler for the i3 chip you have such as a Evo 212 cpu air cooler of a larger size to lower the cpu temps.

It will make a difference in the maximum heat the cpu is currently hitting at 75c you are stating Jereez.
So give it a try and see if the freezing stops when playing a game on your system such as Gta 5.

Solution

Soul slayero

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Your Temps are fine, those Intel chips run hot, my I7 4790k would hit 85c under load when gaming with the stock cooler, but I would try to get a new cooler ASAP to lower those Temps to make sure your cpu last a very long time. After I got a aio water cooler my overclocked i7 runs at 55c max when gaming