[SOLVED] CPU getting very hot but no power limit throttling , then power limit throttling for no reason

Jun 3, 2020
I recently purchased a prebuilt cpu. The specs are as follows

CPU : Intel i5 9400f, 2.9Ghz up to 4.1 Ghz boosted
GPU: RTX 2060 Twin Fan
PSU: Corsair VS550

While gaming or even INSTALLING games, my cpu temp would go up to 93 degrees avg with max temps reaching 100.
I wanted to undervolt it so I installed Intel XTU and ran a benchmark, Max Temp: 93 degrees @3.8Ghz

Now here comes the weird part. I disabled turbo boost and ran the benchmark again to check if this was issue, but ended up getting the same result. So i enabled Turbo boost again and lowered the voltage by 50mv. Then ran a benchmark. For no apparent reason the Power Limit Throttling check turned to 'Yes' and the cpu benchmarked at Max temp: 66 degrees @ 2.89 Ghz.

Can someone tell me what could be going on because I'm completely lost.

Solution
Turns out I wasnt actually disabling turbo boost I was just disabling the Power Max option. So when I have it disabled the CPU runs at 3.9GHz @ 90 degrees, and when enabled it runs at 2.89 Ghz @ 66 degrees.
Jun 3, 2020
Turns out I wasnt actually disabling turbo boost I was just disabling the Power Max option. So when I have it disabled the CPU runs at 3.9GHz @ 90 degrees, and when enabled it runs at 2.89 Ghz @ 66 degrees.

Solution