Question CPU Giving Weird Beep Sounds

Jul 27, 2022
Hello! I need help with my PC as it's been going bizzare out of nowhere.
After using my pc last night I went to bed and turned it on this morning though as soon as I did, it took longer then usual to show the screen. I waited for a while and then it gave one short beep followed with nothing but a black display having monitor on. I waited more and then it gave another short beep and the GPU started going to its max speed with the display showing "input out of range". I continued to wait further and it just kept giving those short beeps after a 1-2 minute gap.
I was confused so I force shutdown the pc by holding the power button and started it again which made it boot just like normal.
Now the issue is, everytime I'm shutting down my pc for like 2-3 hours and using it again it's giving those short beeps in the same way (one short beep, 2-3 minute delay and then another short beep).
Sometimes my PC will even give 2 long beeps, a pause of 2 seconds and then 2 long beeps again.
Can someone help me out please and tell me what exactly is the issue? Coz if I force shutdown my pc and start it again, it starts working just fine.

CompuGuy71

Proper
Jul 20, 2022
Ofc, I am running an i5 2nd Gen with Nvidia 750ti and 10 gigs of ram.
My power supply's model No. Is ATX-400A, REV: W20

I was actually more curious as to the manufacturer of your PSU. I.E. Seasonic, EVGA, etc.

So those beeps are POST codes. If you know the manufacturer of your Motherboard or if you have the motherboard manual, you should be able to diagnose what the beeps are trying to tell you. If you know the Make and Model of the motherboard you could possibly find a manual online.

Jul 27, 2022
I was actually more curious as to the manufacturer of your PSU. I.E. Seasonic, EVGA, etc.

So those beeps are POST codes. If you know the manufacturer of your Motherboard or if you have the motherboard manual, you should be able to diagnose what the beeps are trying to tell you. If you know the Make and Model of the motherboard you could possibly find a manual online.

Okay so i did some research about my motherboard and found its manual.
In that, it says the 2 beeps I'm getting indicate "Video error (no addin graphics card installed)" And the small beeps are just the system running POST.
Could you guide me about what could be the issue here? coz after a few force shutdowns my PC starts running just fine, in fact i'm replying to you from the same system right now as well and i have been gaming on this for the last 30 minutes or so too without any issue in performance or graphics.