[SOLVED] CPU, GPU, and SSD underperforming by a lot on newly built PC.

Jan 6, 2020
CPU: i9 9900K
GPU: MSI Ventus 2080S
4x8GB 3200MHZ Corsair Vengeance RAM
Corsair H100i platinum cooler
Corsair 750RM 80+ Gold
Samsung 970EVO m.2 1TB SSD
Did a userbenchmark test and my CPU is performing way below expectations (7th percentile) and so is my GPU (18th percentile). I've tried reinstalling drivers, changing power options and running stress tests. I've also maximized performance in Nvidia Control Panel. Nothing seems to work. Even if userbenchmark can be unreliable, I am getting much lower FPS in games than other people with the same specs. (About 200 average Max graphics 1080p in csgo) When I know that with these specs on stock settings I should at least be getting 300 minimum with barely any drops below. When I run at the res I play on (1280x1024) I'm only getting around 240 fps where my friend with a 2070 and a worse CPU gets 300-400 fps. I also have no idea what's wrong with my SSD.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've said this before, Userbenchmark should be banned, for all the mess that it's causing. Just for the sake of relevance, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure your OS is up to date, we're all on 1909 for Windows 10. Install all drivers manually after sourcing them from manufacturer's site and installing drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If your game FPS are much to be desired, what games are you playing and what are you using as a benchmark to compare your results with? YouTube?

Which slot is the SSD populating on your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I've said this before, Userbenchmark should be banned, for all the mess that it's causing. Just for the sake of relevance, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure your OS is up to date, we're all on 1909 for Windows 10. Install all drivers manually after sourcing them from manufacturer's site and installing drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If your game FPS are much to be desired, what games are you playing and what are you using as a benchmark to compare your results with? YouTube?

Which slot is the SSD populating on your motherboard?

Solution