[SOLVED] Cpu/gpu bottleneck

Jul 15, 2020
I have a question. With the new nvidia rtx 3xxx series on the horizon, I would like to upgrade to a 3080 but am concerned that it will bottleneck my 6700k oc @4.6ghz. And if i needed to upgrade my cpu i have a Asus z170 prime MB. I dont really want to fully upgrade everything but i do have a 1440p 144hz monitor and i play destiny 2 and WoW. Not very many other games at all but i want to try to max my settings and hold 144fps on destiny 2. Currently on max i run 70-110 depending on where i am. I currently have a gtx 1070. Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Solution
As a test set your resolution to 720p or similar and then run your games. This should show you the best FPS your cpu can achieve.

Think of it like this. The cpu determines the best FPS you can achieve, the gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at.
Jul 15, 2020
As a test set your resolution to 720p or similar and then run your games. This should show you the best FPS your cpu can achieve.

Think of it like this. The cpu determines the best FPS you can achieve, the gpu determines at what resolution and game settings you can achieve that FPS at.
Thanks. I like your analogy. I will deffinently try that when I get home