[SOLVED] CPU & GPU Bottleneck

shaft2

Reputable
Jul 9, 2016
im intending to buy RTX 3070 GPU and i'd like to know what is the Main Factor that i should put into consideration when Getting Processor in order to Avoid the Bottleneck ...is it Clock Speed or Cores Count or Cache or what !?

Side Question : Do you find PC bottleneck Calculator website Accurate !!?

Solution
Hey there,

Well mainly single core clockspeed helps push GPU's to their max output (FPS). Typically Intel wins at 1080p in terms of CPU's But once the res goes up, that lead in FPS decreases. Any Intel above an i5 8600/9600k or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or above would both drive any single high end GPU just fine. Cores do affect performance sometimes too. At least in games like BF V that can use more cores/threads. Sometimes 6 core CPU's like the I5 8600k can max out and this can cause a bit of stuttering in games. Not many though. More cores, means less maxing of the CPU resources, and can give more smoothness in games.

For most decent gaming builds now CPU's with a min of 6 cores/12 threads are preferred for more performance and reducing the...
Hey there,

Well mainly single core clockspeed helps push GPU's to their max output (FPS). Typically Intel wins at 1080p in terms of CPU's But once the res goes up, that lead in FPS decreases. Any Intel above an i5 8600/9600k or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 or above would both drive any single high end GPU just fine. Cores do affect performance sometimes too. At least in games like BF V that can use more cores/threads. Sometimes 6 core CPU's like the I5 8600k can max out and this can cause a bit of stuttering in games. Not many though. More cores, means less maxing of the CPU resources, and can give more smoothness in games.

For most decent gaming builds now CPU's with a min of 6 cores/12 threads are preferred for more performance and reducing the chance of bottlenecks. So I7 8700/k, 9700k, 10700k are all good choices. As are R5 3600/x, R7 3700x, etc.

Solution
Side Question : Do you find PC bottleneck Calculator website Accurate !!?
Absolutely not. Almost none of them provide any real context on how they got to that number.

A bottleneck is something you should not worry about unless the hardware isn't giving you the performance you want. If you're not satisfied with the performance, then figure out what's the weakest link and buy an upgrade for that. It's silly to think abut the bottleneck first, because technically a potato CPU with a potato GPU is balanced, but you're going to get potato performance which I'm sure that's not what you want.