[SOLVED] CPU/GPU Combo

Solution
I ordered a R5 3500X. Is it good?
An R5 3500X works just fine with your 1650 Super. Most games will run just as well as with one of the aforementioned multi-threaded processors. Some games even prefer multi-threading off (the 3500X is essentially a 3600 with this option turned off), favouring the x6 physical cores only.

I'm a huge sucker for value, so my only consideration would have been the price vs. some of the other recommended CPUs, but really this is fine and CPU/GPU upgrades are always an option should your usage change in the future.

Enjoy your purchase!

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
6 cores as @CountMike suggested if you have the budget and/or prefer something that might also facilitate a future GPU upgrade. Some options might be: AMD R5 1600 AF, 2600, 3600 or Intel Core i5 10400/F, 10600.

If your budget is tight and used CPUs aren't an option, an R3 3300X will suffice for your 1650 Super, however the i5 10400F can be found at similar prices and is a better choice if you can find a well-priced motherboard to match.

Last edited:

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020

its a bit more power than you likely need for the GPU but not excessive, should do ya well, it will push the GPU to the max without any worries, leaves you choices and upgrade paths for the future, wouldnt have been my first choice in the price range the 10400 has multithreading for $30 more but its also a different motherboard, if you are already AMD and it saves an upgrade there you did ok

Last edited:

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
yes, just to double check tho its a 1650 TI? not Super? the 1650TI is a mobile GPU, theres a 1660 TI or 1650 S for desktops both have slightly different performance, but the CPU should handle both, one slightly better than the other

Obiwancanabi

Proper
Dec 24, 2020
was just checking coz some have far different specs to the others, the 1650 super should be a nice match, the cpu isnt restricted much at all, or like waiting for the GPU to finish so it can do more kind of thing. thats what we refer to as a bottleneck. id rather a CPU bottleneck personally, then i know my GPU is working to the max it can and i have cpu spare to watch videos on or just do background tasks.

an example where you can check is https://pc-builds.com/calculator/Ryzen_5_5600X/GeForce_GTX_1650_SUPER/10f15d8A/8/100/ i wouldnt rely on it like 100% but it gives you some idea your strength and weakness, in this case the GPU will be holding you back a little bit so if you got a better GPU down the line you will see some performance increases, where as if your CPU was the weakest link it means that any extra GPU you put in will give you some more frames, but at a diminishing return, you might gain 20 FPS from a 3060TI for instance if your CPU is bottled, where as you'd gain 70+ maybe if your CPU is loving it. just pulling numbers out my butt for examples sake

Reactions: Tompica123

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
An R5 3500X works just fine with your 1650 Super. Most games will run just as well as with one of the aforementioned multi-threaded processors. Some games even prefer multi-threading off (the 3500X is essentially a 3600 with this option turned off), favouring the x6 physical cores only.

I'm a huge sucker for value, so my only consideration would have been the price vs. some of the other recommended CPUs, but really this is fine and CPU/GPU upgrades are always an option should your usage change in the future.

Enjoy your purchase!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution

Tompica123

Commendable
Aug 11, 2020
Why does my games stutter sometimes when I go to new parts of the map or when I first enter the game? It stutters at the beginning but then if I play it like that for some time it goes back to normal.

Why does my games stutter sometimes when I go to new parts of the map or when I first enter the game? It stutters at the beginning but then if I play it like that for some time it goes back to normal.
Is it on a HDD or an SSD? What games are they? If they're games with giant maps like GTA Warzone etc and you're on an HDD, it's bound to happen. HDD isn't able to keep up with it

Jan 13, 2021
They are on a HDD. The games are Gta, Fortnite, Warzone and more.

when you start the game , game program will activated and ask you rams for space to restore data ( buildings , vehicles , characters , weapons in games ) , cause all those data is hold by your hard disk , so the reading speed is the key to loading time , after all those data moved to rams , it becomes all same , as the processor mainly operates you rams most of time during the gaming , that's the reason why you stuck a bit in starting game and being all fine in the gaming

so the ssd is highly recommanded to access to your beloved game fast , and from my using experience , it was pretty much worth the price , hope this can help

Reactions: Tompica123