[SOLVED] CPU/GPU Fans only spin for a moment and then stop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2023
Hey,

So i'm trying to fit a new GPU but when I insert it into the board and boot up, the fans for both the CPU/GPU only spin for a moment and then stop. I put my old GPU back in and both CPU/GPU fans were spinning. So after some looking around I went into the BIOS and set the CPU fan to spin at full speed all the time and could see that change worked with the old GPU. Switched back to the new GPU and tried booting again but no luck, both fans are not spinning. Next i checked the CPU fan settings to see if they had been reset and noticed that the BIOS doesn't appear to recognise the CPU fan anymore. Is any reason why the new GPU would cause the BIOS to not recognise the CPU fan? I think the GPU/CPU should be all good together so wondering if it's my motherboard. I hadn't noticed the fans till my PC randomly lost power, a couple of times :(

Just to add, the new GPU does show the video output fine, I'm always connecting my monitor to the GPU in the case. Ah I also tried switching the CPU fan connection on the motherboard from cpu_fan to cpu_opt but didn't help.

Board: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: Sapphire Pulse AMD RX6800 OC
PSU: Corsair RM750 (2021), RM Series, 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold

Let me know if i can add anymore info, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS