Question CPU/ GPU low usage and performance problem?

Feb 28, 2019
Hi, i am new at this forum. I recently bought a 2080ti to my system. I will list my system specs down below. Well when i tested it i saw that i was having less performance than other people in games. Arround 20-25 % lower fps. I then started my research and after using msi afterburner osd i saw that my card barely hit 55% usage and other times it is very low. I then thought it was a cpu bottleneck. I have actually an i7 7700 (non k) and i was surprised that it could be such a bottleneck with my decently good procesor. I then saw that while gaming my cpu is at 4000 mhz but it has a low usage as well. Normally 50% and it is for me strange becouse i am getting low performance for my gpu but my cpu isnt at max usage. Also the different cpu usages arent at max. Usally one is maximum at 70% while others at 40%. I have to say that the temperatures on my gpu are pretty good (63 C) but in my cpu they are 73 degrees celsius as an average. While benchmarks my gpu scores are very good as what i would have spected and the gpu usage is very good there as well. Talking about 3D mark time spy. Please help idk what should i do? Upgrade my cpu or what?
Cpu: I7 7700 stock
Mother board: asus h270f
Gpu: evga 2080ti ftw ultra ( 1970mhz core clock and 7000 memory) ( at waiting lobbys core clock goes down to 1350mhz )
Ram: 2x 16 gb ddr4 2133mhz
Psu: Evga 750w supernova nex750B
Storage: 2x 520gb ssd in raid 0 mode
Storage: 1x 1tb hdd

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Assuming you have updated drivers to latest.
What monitor and resolution are you running at?
What settings are you running you games on? Are you using V-Sync too?

i was having less performance than other people in games.
In comparison to what? If you're referring to youtube - then it's a bad basis to work off. You never know what else they have set up.

Also the different cpu usages arent at max. Usally one is maximum at 70% while others at 40%.
This is perfectly normal, different applications use CPU cores differently, and your CPU will effectively allocate work to the cores dynamically, so it will also change. But generally more focus will go into your core 1 and then distribute accordingly.

my cpu they are 73 degrees celsius as an average
What is it peaking at ? Are you getting very high peaks? This can cause thermal throttling.

Feb 28, 2019
Assuming you have updated drivers to latest.
What monitor and resolution are you running at?
What settings are you running you games on? Are you using V-Sync too?

In comparison to what? If you're referring to youtube - then it's a bad basis to work off. You never know what else they have set up.

This is perfectly normal, different applications use CPU cores differently, and your CPU will effectively allocate work to the cores dynamically, so it will also change. But generally more focus will go into your core 1 and then distribute accordingly.

What is it peaking at ? Are you getting very high peaks? This can cause thermal throttling.
If it was thermal throtteling i will see frequencys lower but they dont they go arround 4.1GHZ AND 4.0GHZ the temps peak to 80 degrees celsius.

I am running at 1440p and have the vsyng and gsync disabled in the nvidia control panel. The games i run on is fortnite. When i play at ultra it performs an average of 121 fps when at youtube the average of three diferent videos is 160 with an 1%low of 144. Just what i want. I have also enabled the settign at msi afterburner to see different cpu loads. I thing it is for the cores and threads. I can see those but none is peaking the max load. (100%) i usually see one at 65-75% of load and some others at lower loads. What you are saying is that when even the average cpu load isnt at max or near, there can also be an cpu bottleneck? I thought it was only when cpu usage was at max or at least one core was at max load. Anyways i want to know what would i have to do to reach that framerate average becouse i have probably the best third party 2080ti and it is very disappointing that i am not getting a good performance compared to founder editions models. So if its a cpu bottleneck i wanna know. As i said earlier, at benchmarks my gpu performs really well at a gpu score. Thank you for your reply and help.