CPU+GPu Overheating [Acer Aspire 4738Z]

EddieJackson004

Reputable
Sep 17, 2015
I'm using laptop Acer Aspire 4738Z for already 5 years....
Last 2 years I got problem which is my laptop fan start to make a noise
..... that year(and before) I just know to play game, doesn't know how to take care of my laptop
....my laptop keep overheat by just playing GTA San Andreas and Flash Game(s) and then goes to a force shutdown. It repeat frequently and I break my HDD
This year, the problem seems to be a 'bit OK' but, it come back since I clean up my windows update(It's size is 1.50GB, I don't know why it took so long(3hours++) for it to be clean, any explanation about this?)

The disk clean up manager used up 100% CPU Usage(is this usage normal?) for more over than 3 hours, in that 3 hours...my laptop temperature rise to range 75'C-89'C
On the next day, the problem makes a comeback since the last 2 years, I'm just playing GTA San Andreas for some minutes(10+) and my fan starts to get noise, the temperature rise to 80'C++

Should I clean up the fan? I want to try to clean up the fan by myself but I don't know how to do it, I need some guide about the "electrostatic something..." and what kind of tool should i use to clean up the fan

Is there something else I should do with my laptop to prevent it from overheating? What about the something called thermal paste? Please, help me.

Laptop - Acer Aspire 4738Z

Solution
First of all it is normal that you laptop is using 100% of the cpu with the clean up manager.
Second, the temperatures are, in fact, high. I would recommend cleaning up the fan. For this you will need to open your laptop and you will need a can of pressurized air. For your laptop you will find tutorials in youtube.
The older the laptop the longer it will take to clean up. So I thing the 3 hours are normal. It may also happen that your cpu throttles under load due to the high temperatures, which makes the cleanup last a bit longer.

santimarro1

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
First of all it is normal that you laptop is using 100% of the cpu with the clean up manager.
Second, the temperatures are, in fact, high. I would recommend cleaning up the fan. For this you will need to open your laptop and you will need a can of pressurized air. For your laptop you will find tutorials in youtube.
The older the laptop the longer it will take to clean up. So I thing the 3 hours are normal. It may also happen that your cpu throttles under load due to the high temperatures, which makes the cleanup last a bit longer.

Solution