[SOLVED] CPU, GPU, RAM. and SSD not running correctly

May 5, 2020
I just built a new pc and I tried running fortnite and I'm getting 60 - 70 fps in lobby. Something is differently wrong after I tried playing a game it shutdown.
This is my first time building a pc so I must have made a mistake when building it. When I opened task manager cpu and gpu where running always at 0-5%. I checked userbenchmarks and it says my cpu, gpu, ssd and ram were running low. I installed the drivers so I'm not sure what's wrong.

PC specs; Gigabyte radeon rx 5700 xt, amd ryzen 7 3700x, gigabyte x570 aorus elite wifi, arctic liquid freezer ll 240 all in one cpu water cooler, Samsung 970 evo plus 250gb ssd m.2, t-force delta rgb 16gb 8x2 3200mhz ram, 1tb hard drive, evga 600 bq 80+bronze power supply, and nzxt h510 elite case.

Can anybody please help, I'm not sure what to do from here.

Solution
Yes, I watched a video tutorial on how to install the liquid freezer ll 240 onto the cpu. I removed the plastic cover, applied a tiny amount of thermal paste. As for the AOI, I'm not confident that I did everything correctly because they did not have instructions. I removed the 2 fans that came with it and used the 2 rgb fans that came with the nzxt case.
I tried installing the chipset driver through the motherboard driver website but nothing happens when I open it up. I updated to the latest one which is version F12e

96C on the CPU can only mean a few things. It's your AIO not working properly like the pump or it's the block not touching the CPU properly. In your case not having thermal paste isn't an issue. Unless you did put...
May 5, 2020
What are the cpu and gpu temperatures when at Windows desktop and just before it shuts down? Please describe the shutdown, is it like someone just pulled the power plug out?
I did not expect someone to reply so fast.
Yes, it's like someone pulled the power plug out. I turned it back on and it still worked. The cpu temp is at 96 and gpu is at 50. It's now showing it's running at 38 % for cpu usage and 40% for gpu. 5.2 of memory in use.

96C for the CPU? That's why your system shutdown. CPU is overheating big time. When you built the system did you:

• Sometime on CPU cooler block you have a plastic cover. Did you see one and did you remove it?
  • Did you install the AIO following the instruction properly?
  • Is the AIO pump working?
As for the drivers. Did you install the AMD chipset drivers from AMD's website? What BIOS version are you running on your motherboard?

That temperature is way too high. Your cooler is not doing it's job or it's badly installed.

May 5, 2020
96C for the CPU? That's why your system shutdown. CPU is overheating big time. When you built the system did you:

• Sometime on CPU cooler block you have a plastic cover. Did you see one and did you remove it?
  • Did you install the AIO following the instruction properly?
As for the drivers. Did you install the AMD chipset drivers from AMD's website? What BIOS version are you running on your motherboard?

Yes, I watched a video tutorial on how to install the liquid freezer ll 240 onto the cpu. I removed the plastic cover, applied a tiny amount of thermal paste. As for the AOI, I'm not confident that I did everything correctly because they did not have instructions. I removed the 2 fans that came with it and used the 2 rgb fans that came with the nzxt case.
I tried installing the chipset driver through the motherboard driver website but nothing happens when I open it up. I updated to the latest one which is version F12e

96C on the CPU can only mean a few things. It's your AIO not working properly like the pump or it's the block not touching the CPU properly. In your case not having thermal paste isn't an issue. Unless you did put a too small amount.

Sorry I can't help you further with this since I'm not physically there to check myself.

Solution
May 5, 2020
96C on the CPU can only mean a few things. It's your AIO not working properly like the pump or it's the block not touching the CPU properly. In your case not having thermal paste isn't an issue. Unless you did put a too small amount.

Sorry I can't help you further with this since I'm not physically there to check myself.
UPDATE
So I think I fixed my cpu issue, I had to wrong screws in which wasn't fully touching the cpu. I then changed my rear and top fan to connect to the motherboard system fan. I ran benchmarks using userbenchmark software and mostly everything was above expectations except for the ram, I did enable xmp profile 1. I have team group delta rgb DDR4 2x8GB 3200mhz C16 PC4-25600.
BENCHMARK results were at 78% except for the latency which was at 56% 70.8 ns. I just wanna make sure I'm using my ram to it's full potential.

Question about the fan system, should I let my CPU_OPT which is the water cooling aoi be running at full speed or leave it at normal? Same question for the rear and top fan.

TRENDING THREADS