Question CPU/GPU randomly shut down

Mar 30, 2020
Recently built a new PC. Now I have the problem where the CPU will randomly shut down (screen goes black and CPU fan stops spinning) but everything else stays on, or the CPU and GPU will shut off together, but the case and Mobo still have power, sometimes just the GPU goes out but everything else is still running. I've tried updating all my drivers and my first stop is to buy a new PSU. I assume if it was the PSU it would be an all or nothing thing for power, but I could be wrong.

Rig Strix z390 E mobo
Intel 9700k stock
2080ti stock
16gb ram
850w PSU
Nvme for windows, 2tb hybrid and 2tb ssd for games

Thank you!

Mar 30, 2020
Recently built a new PC. Now I have the problem where the CPU will randomly shut down (screen goes black and CPU fan stops spinning) but everything else stays on, or the CPU and GPU will shut off together, but the case and Mobo still have power, sometimes just the GPU goes out but everything else is still running. I've tried updating all my drivers and my first stop is to buy a new PSU. I assume if it was the PSU it would be an all or nothing thing for power, but I could be wrong.

The problem is random. I can play for 6 hours and everything is good. Then the next day it happens after 20 minutes. Sometimes it won't turn back on for a period of time.

Rig Strix z390 E mobo
Intel 9700k stock
2080ti stock
16gb ram
850w PSU
Nvme for windows, 2tb hybrid and 2tb ssd for games

Thank you!