[SOLVED] Cpu & Gpu temps

vigannnn

Prominent
Oct 26, 2019
I've always had this problem with my pc getting too loud and hot really quick, temps are fine at idle (cpu - 33-36 | gpu 38 - 44) but when not in idle, they go up to around 70 (55-70 cpu & gpu 60-74)
Specs are i7 8700 & GTX 1070 Ti
Using a CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240R RGB

AIO Pump is constanly running at 2400-2500 RPM
Everything gets loud and it is annoying, idk what the problem here seems to be
With this setup I would expect lower temps but idk

Solution
what new case would u recommend me

Have you tried removing the side panel? I suggest looking for a new case after you've verified that airflow is lacking if temps improve noticeably (>1-2°C) with side panel off.

If you have, what is your budget and where do you live? Also if there's a preference for size, feature, etc, it'll also help to mention it so we can find a good recommendation.

Airflow wise, you'd want a case with at least 2 intake fans and a rear exhaust, plus a mesh front panel (or tempered glass with an inch of space between the glass and the fans). That's a good starting point.

Top fan mounts aren't as important, but a top rear vent/fan mount can help a tiny bit. Bottom fans aren't as useful as the other fans...

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
do you have any auto overclocking software of some sort set up? Most will push your cpu and gpu as much as possible as long as they stay under a certain thermal threshold.

Also, those temps are fine in my opinion, and won't damage anything.

vigannnn

Prominent
Oct 26, 2019
do you have any auto overclocking software of some sort set up? Most will push your cpu and gpu as much as possible as long as they stay under a certain thermal threshold.

Also, those temps are fine in my opinion, and won't damage anything.

only using msi afterburner for a gpu fan curve that looks like this
424iPLI.png

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
what new case would u recommend me

Have you tried removing the side panel? I suggest looking for a new case after you've verified that airflow is lacking if temps improve noticeably (>1-2°C) with side panel off.

If you have, what is your budget and where do you live? Also if there's a preference for size, feature, etc, it'll also help to mention it so we can find a good recommendation.

Airflow wise, you'd want a case with at least 2 intake fans and a rear exhaust, plus a mesh front panel (or tempered glass with an inch of space between the glass and the fans). That's a good starting point.

Top fan mounts aren't as important, but a top rear vent/fan mount can help a tiny bit. Bottom fans aren't as useful as the other fans.

If you want to research on your own, Gamers Nexus' case review is good material. Long videos, but they're informative and discovers the quirks that might not be visible at the first glance.

Solution

vigannnn

Prominent
Oct 26, 2019

Top fan mounts aren't as important, but a top rear vent/fan mount can help a tiny bit. Bottom fans aren't as useful as the other fans.

If you want to research on your own, Gamers Nexus' case review is good material. Long videos, but they're informative and discovers the quirks that might not be visible at the first glance.
bro it gets dusty in there i dont wanna remove it i want a permament fix