[SOLVED] CPU/GPU upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2838871

Hey all...

I'm looking for some more power out of my system... mainly for FS2020 which I run on max settings in 4k 60. Specs are in my sig. It was built in late December 2020.

I've decided to go with the 10900k to 11900k and 3090 to 4090... mainly because according to my mobo specs I need 11th gen (max my board supports) for PCI 4.0... which the 4090 uses. I should be fine with the added power draw because I have a 1000W PSU.

Am I correct in this? I don't think it's a bad decision but would love to have some input. As said more frames out of FS2020 is all I'm really after... and this is about as far as I can push my build without building an entirely new PC. I'm fine with the SSDs... ram... everything else so this is strictly just a FPS upgrade for FS2020.

Solution
This tells me you're not going to get much of an upgrade (if anything) going to an 11900K

Regarding the video card, an RTX 4070 Ti with DLSS3 can get 4K 60FPS or higher relatively easily, but it still depends on how much the CPU can handle it. Flight Simulator is a mostly CPU bound game
D

Deleted member 2838871

This tells me you're not going to get much of an upgrade (if anything) going to an 11900K

Regarding the video card, an RTX 4070 Ti with DLSS3 can get 4K 60FPS or higher relatively easily, but it still depends on how much the CPU can handle it. Flight Simulator is a mostly CPU bound game

Gotcha. Yeah I know it's mostly CPU bound... I was just thinking I could achieve a bit of a boost... and it does appear I will. With VR I'm usually mid 30's FPS and I saw a 3090 vs 4090 video where the 4090 boosted to the mid 40's.

In addition to FS2020 there's other reasons I want to upgrade. I do 4k/6k video editing... (drone footage) and I am interested in trying out the newest latest and greatest games. Sure the 3090 can do them but the 4090 will do them better.

Lastly this will most likely be the only upgrade this PC ever sees... as said I don't see myself upgrading any other components and anything beyond 11th gen would require a new mobo anyway. I'll sell the 10900k and 3090 and get back some of the cost...

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.