[SOLVED] CPU & GPU Usage Drops Drastically in Game Causing Massive Stutter

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
Hi ,the specs which i have are not up to mark in standards but even with that or even a bottleneck appearing ,this should not happen in my knowledge i think

i5 2400
GTX 1650 Super
8GB RAM
450W PSU

The problem i'm having while gaming is as the title suggest in game my CPU & GPU usage drops to only 20% being used from what is was earlier and then goes back to normal and then repeat again the same thing and in that instance it gives a massive fps drop and a horrible lag and stutter ,from smooth 60fps to 5 fps even very constantly
The game i am playing currently now in which i noticed or rather appeared now is Marvels Avengers

I tried to make the game process a high priority in task manager ,closed every known background process that could hinder and yet the same
And just to test if power supply was failing i tried my own weird test even though i don't know its correct or not but i tried crypto mining and the CPU and GPU hashrate is what it is supposed to be constant without any hiccups in performance

So i am very confused now what could be causing this problem and would there be a fix for it or a troubleshoot to identify the issue ?

Solution
memtest for ram and the age and name of this hdd .
hi ,i installed a few games from my library and turns out it is infact just this game causing that issue and weirdly enough i was looking at steam forums for this game in particular and found just a thread which specified this problem but the solution on that thread actually worked rather from all the other threads

What i did was went to Nvidia Control panel - manage 3d settings - power management mode = prefer maximum performance + adjust image settings = performance

And voila this game ran buttery smooth and been so for a few hours
Kind of a weird fix since issue is only in one game but if anyone else here gets this issue maybe this might help and i'll mark this as solved...

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
that game you use is legit or not i would do a virus aand malwares scan also witch other software run when your gaming .
hey , im not sure if there are any virus or malware because i did a fresh windows install ,legit copy both game and widows but yet i shall scan to be sure with malware bytes if that is ok ?

and nothing runs in the background besides MSI afterburner for on screen display in regards to see the performance numbers -
edit - ah and steam but that's about it

Last edited:

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
close msi afterburner and your games is on steam or not if not close steam and recheck .
sadly its still the same ,i'm not sure but i'm leaning on that it could be a RAM or HDD issue perhaps causing this ?
I shall try another game tomorrow Mafia Definitive Edition and see if this behavior the same in all games or its this silly game thats causing it

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
memtest for ram and the age and name of this hdd .
hi ,i installed a few games from my library and turns out it is infact just this game causing that issue and weirdly enough i was looking at steam forums for this game in particular and found just a thread which specified this problem but the solution on that thread actually worked rather from all the other threads

What i did was went to Nvidia Control panel - manage 3d settings - power management mode = prefer maximum performance + adjust image settings = performance

And voila this game ran buttery smooth and been so for a few hours
Kind of a weird fix since issue is only in one game but if anyone else here gets this issue maybe this might help and i'll mark this as solved

And thank you for you guidance

Solution