[SOLVED] Cpu + Graphics card seriously underperforming

Oct 28, 2019
Hi all, my computer has been running pretty bad since I bought it second hand, and after doing some benchmarks with userbenchmark (I know, not the best), it has come to my attention that my computer Is not doing as well as it should be. The results are 0-5 percentile for the CPU (Ryzen 5 1400) and my graphics card (RX 580). I have posted about this previously and was recommended to upgrade my RAM, which is what I did. I have 2x8 corsair sticks clocked at 2933mhz which in the tests perform 70th percentile. My games constantly crash, making it impossible to play and I get the blue screen of death with multiple stop codes. top my knowledge the CPU is not overheating, so I am not sure what is going on. If anyone has any advice on what may be causing this, or software to better test, I would very much appreciate it!

Solution
"Replaced it with your own HDD..."

Did this involve a new install in that hardware?
Full wipe and reinstall.

I ask, because a lot of issues can arise from a mix of old install and new hardware, or a used PC and whatever gunk they had in their install.
Oct 28, 2019
After purchasing I replaced it with my own HDD, which I haven't thought anything out of the ordinary, but I did do like a half wipe to get it down from 400gb to 220 for an SSD, which I am not currently using because it isn't really reliable

USAFRet

Titan
"Replaced it with your own HDD..."

Did this involve a new install in that hardware?
Full wipe and reinstall.

I ask, because a lot of issues can arise from a mix of old install and new hardware, or a used PC and whatever gunk they had in their install.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
How would I go about doing a full wipe and reinstall?
Assuming Windows 10:

Kamaaiana

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi all, my computer has been running pretty bad since I bought it second hand, and after doing some benchmarks with userbenchmark (I know, not the best), it has come to my attention that my computer Is not doing as well as it should be. The results are 0-5 percentile for the CPU (Ryzen 5 1400) and my graphics card (RX 580). I have posted about this previously and was recommended to upgrade my RAM, which is what I did. I have 2x8 corsair sticks clocked at 2933mhz which in the tests perform 70th percentile. My games constantly crash, making it impossible to play and I get the blue screen of death with multiple stop codes. top my knowledge the CPU is not overheating, so I am not sure what is going on. If anyone has any advice on what may be causing this, or software to better test, I would very much appreciate it!

Are you playing a modded game?