[SOLVED] CPU Graphics vs GPU Graphics!

Tinibigz_1992

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2012
Hello,

My i5-6400 has 530 graphics integrated but my Nvdia GT730 sucks and does not out perform the chips graphics.

How do I force my system to use the integrated graphics? I don't want to open up my case and remove the card but the integrated graphics do not show up in any location.

Thank you for the insight and help.

Solution
You will need to go into the BIOS. There is often a settings that disables the integrated graphics when a gpu is detected. You will then want to connect the monitor to the motherboard.

Tinibigz_1992

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2012
Hello All,

This change helped so much, I know the benchmark states it's a 22% increase but that can't be true. I went from lowest settings in WOW and getting 25-30 FPS with the GT 730 and now I get over 70 plus at times I get 100 FPS. Not only did it help with gaming but even my browsers load's quicker, nothing seems to have a delay from CPU to GPU since they are working very well together now.

I would have given credit to TJ Hooker but I did need to go to the BIOS to make the change so Sizzling mentioned that.

If anyone can make this change, they should performance now in WOW with some high settings and some medium settings at 1080P resolution is always around 60FPS and that's so much better then all low settings and getting 25 FPS.

Thank you for the help, might have even saved me a upgrade.

Reactions: TJ Hooker