Question CPU HELP FOR PART

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
So i bought this monitor Acer - XF270H 27" LED FHD, and the other choice was the ASUS - VG279Q 27" IPS LED FHD. Now before i used to have an old monitor that was ips led from Asus and it was very good and the image quality was good too. But now i am using the acer with a hp laptop that has a 8250u cpu until my PC parts come in. And the image quality is not great, mind you the res for the laptop is only 1336x788. Is the Asus better than the one i bought or should i just wait until my PC part come in and test it then. I have until June to return the monitor for free and the part (gpu) comes in on weds of next week

Don't bold the entire text please, it makes it hard to read.

anyway, for you problem.
The asus monitor is a bit better, since its an ips display, but it will have slower response times (even though they state 1ms, on the acer its really 1ms while on the asus its probably only with overdrive which will make the display bleh.)
The asus will have better colors and viewing angels
The acer will have faster and better pixel changes.

if youre big on competitive gaming, the acer is better
for general use the asus is better

though both are excellent, and the difference isn't huge by any means.

Btw, just so you know, your laptop display and external display resolutions do not need to be the same.
go into the display settings and check the new monitor is running at 1080x1920.

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
Don't bold the entire text please, it makes it hard to read.

anyway, for you problem.
The asus monitor is a bit better, since its an ips display, but it will have slower response times (even though they state 1ms, on the acer its really 1ms while on the asus its probably only with overdrive which will make the display bleh.)
The asus will have better colors and viewing angels
The acer will have faster and better pixel changes.

if youre big on competitive gaming, the acer is better
for general use the asus is better

though both are excellent, and the difference isn't huge by any means.

Btw, just so you know, your laptop display and external display resolutions do not need to be the same.
go into the display settings and check the new monitor is running at 1080x1920.
Gotcha, thanks for the reply i did not notice that the text was bolded, i will see the image when my gpu arrives then decide. Btw what is overdrive?

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
A feature on modern monitors that drives down the response times, which reduces ghosting, but adds lots of artifacts and other problems.
putting it on medium is usually the way to go.
and the whole image quality in my situation is true man, the screen is a lil blurry like the text and chrome is a bit washed out and not crisp, i honestly think it b/c I'm using a laptop with a 4 core cpu

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
a 8250u is not an old cpu.
you have 2 displays in different resolutions, sometimes you need to manually tell your pc to run the 2nd monitor at its resolution, and not mimic the main display's resolution.
I tried but it defaults the computer res to the 700 or something but the monitor is running at 1080p. The Text is just not as clear as it is if i was using a desktop gpu

FatatSteel

Commendable
BANNED
Apr 6, 2020
a 8250u is not an old cpu.
you have 2 displays in different resolutions, sometimes you need to manually tell your pc to run the 2nd monitor at its resolution, and not mimic the main display's resolution.
I tried but it defaults the computer res to the 700 or something but the monitor is running at 1080p. The Text is just not as clear as it is if i was using a desktop gpu