CPU High temps (i7 4790k + Dark Rock 3)

ZackEmCee12

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016
Hey guys!
So during this summer (Where I live is usually 30-40C and my room is always at 35C+) , I'm trying to play GTA V, and while playing I notice some high temps, at usually 60% / 50% / 40% cpu usage, it hits sometimes up to 80c!!
What do you guys suggest?
P.S: I just changed my thermal paste

Solution
Your CPU cannot be cooler than ambient without liquid nitrogen, dry ice, or phase-change cooling - that's against the laws of physics.

That being said, your temperatures are completely normal given your high ambient temps. Your CPU temperature will go up in proportion to your ambient temperature. If someone operates their computer with a 20C ambient temp, and ends up with CPUs temps of around 70C under load, guess what would happen if their ambient temperature jumped up 15 degrees to 35C? The CPU temperature would go up by the same 15 degrees to 85C.

My advice is to not worry about it! Nothing is going to break at the temperatures you're seeing. Just make sure you keep your case dust free inside, because if your temperatures go...

ZackEmCee12

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

Tried it but only gets hotter since the ambient temp is usually higher than the idle temp of the cpu

scuzzycard

Honorable
Your CPU cannot be cooler than ambient without liquid nitrogen, dry ice, or phase-change cooling - that's against the laws of physics.

That being said, your temperatures are completely normal given your high ambient temps. Your CPU temperature will go up in proportion to your ambient temperature. If someone operates their computer with a 20C ambient temp, and ends up with CPUs temps of around 70C under load, guess what would happen if their ambient temperature jumped up 15 degrees to 35C? The CPU temperature would go up by the same 15 degrees to 85C.

My advice is to not worry about it! Nothing is going to break at the temperatures you're seeing. Just make sure you keep your case dust free inside, because if your temperatures go any higher, they WILL be too high, and your components lives will be shortened significantly.

Solution

ZackEmCee12

Commendable
Aug 2, 2016

Thanks man, I guess I'll stick to some light cpu games while waiting for winter, I mean it's right around the corner ay? haha jk!
Thanks once again :)

TRENDING THREADS