Question Cpu high usage

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
I've been trouble shooting an issue with my pc. I'm getting frame drops in pretty much every game I play. The frame drop appears after my pc is on for a couple of hours or so. After I restart my pc it goes away for a couple of hours.
I decided to keep my pc on over night with msi afterburner on. Everything seems fine on idle but cpu usage. It's seems to be going from 0 to 100% very rapidly.
My gpu (75) and cpu (48) temps are fine.
I have pics but having trouble uploading them.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
What shows as consuming CPU resources in Task Manager when this is occurring?

Is your system drive an SSD? Is it near capacity, could just be your computer moving and compressing data when it is out of working space.

Typical things would be malware or a piece of software that is just buggy if left on for a while. Install anything recently? Windows updates?

Get rid of things you aren't using, look through startup for anything suspicious. Also check the task scheduler for timed scripts and things that shouldn't be there.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014
What shows as consuming CPU resources in Task Manager when this is occurring?

Is your system drive an SSD? Is it near capacity, could just be your computer moving and compressing data when it is out of working space.

Typical things would be malware or a piece of software that is just buggy if left on for a while. Install anything recently? Windows updates?

Get rid of things you aren't using, look through startup for anything suspicious. Also check the task scheduler for timed scripts and things that shouldn't be there.
I figured out the high cpu usage was ea origins. But still doesn't explain the frame drop after a few hours of my pc being on, which fixes itself after I restart pc.
I did several virus checks (all negative)
All my temps are fine
Drivers are all updated
Windows is updated
Os is on a Samsung 960 m. 2
Games are on a wd 750 black m. 2
Any clue what could be causing this?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
So even after removing Origin it is still doing it?

If it is downloading and updating games in the background, that could certainly cause your problem.

Grab Crystal Disk Info and check the SMART records on the hard drive. Just to rule out any problems. Could be Windows moving bad sectors on a dying drive.

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014

If it is downloading and updating games in the background, that could certainly cause your problem.

Grab Crystal Disk Info and check the SMART records on the hard drive. Just to rule out any problems. Could be Windows moving bad sectors on a dying drive.
Wonder whyrestarting my pc fixes it?
I'll try your suggestions

brandxbeer

Honorable
Oct 13, 2014

Definitely has nothing to do with downloading updates