Question CPU hits 93⁰C on COD Warzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basto13

Prominent
Apr 27, 2019
Very strange thing, I have the NVIDIA GeForce 2070 Gaming Z GPU , AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU, 32 GBS of DDR4 3200Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM, Gigabyte AORUS Gaming K5 AX370 Motherboard MOBO, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD.
The game I play most is Rust, as you all know Rust is one of the hardest games to run, but i run that game at 100 FPS on very good settings and my CPU hits around 75 on a bad day. But for call of duty Warzone(Just warzone) not when i play normal deathmatch games etc. Ill run at what i have my FPS cap at (144) without and fps drops below 130 matter where i am, but I average 90C while playing. I've never had heat issues before and its only starting on day 1 of playing warzone, any help?

Actually Rust was pretty hard to run when it was in very Early Access. Since then Rust have been optimized and it runs pretty well on a lot of hardware.

The reason is a pretty normal one. You did not include a cooler in your specs so you're using the stock cooler?

The stock cooler is ok if you have good air flow and a good room temperature but it can get to 90C while under heavy load. If you want better temperature you will have to buy a better cooler.

Basto13

Prominent
Apr 27, 2019
Yes I am using the stock cooler and I understand that i would have to upgrade my cooler to get better temps but what im confused about is why is it 93C when I know for a fact my PC has been under more strenuous games before, without going about 75C.
Not to sound condescending but as someone whos put 3400 hours onto Rust I know its a difficult game to run and it requires a good PC to play. Ive played in both stages with and without an upgraded PC.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes I am using the stock cooler and I understand that i would have to upgrade my cooler to get better temps but what im confused about is why is it 93C when I know for a fact my PC has been under more strenuous games before, without going about 75C.
Not to sound condescending but as someone whos put 3400 hours onto Rust I know its a difficult game to run and it requires a good PC to play. Ive played in both stages with and without an upgraded PC.
How many threads does Rust use compared to COD Warzone?

Basto13

Prominent
Apr 27, 2019
How many threads does Rust use compared to COD Warzone?
Rust uses 4 cores at around 40% usage on each of the 4 cores , and hits about 60C at 110 FPS. While COD warzone uses 8 cores at about 60% each and stays at 144 FPS.
It should be noted im using MSI Game boost (overclock) to make my CPU overclock to 4.15 ghz, i just turned it off and im going to see how that affects my temeperature and FPS, ill post back with my new findings.

Basto13

Prominent
Apr 27, 2019
Rust uses 4 cores at around 40% usage on each of the 4 cores , and hits about 60C at 110 FPS. While COD warzone uses 8 cores at about 60% each and stays at 144 FPS.
It should be noted im using MSI Game boost (overclock) to make my CPU overclock to 4.15 ghz, i just turned it off and im going to see how that affects my temeperature and FPS, ill post back with my new findings.
After turning it off, I run rust at 40C, with 8 cores at 20% usage on each and I hit 70 FPS. On COD warzone I get 100 FPS with 60C.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Don't use Msi Game Boost. It's doing the same, or perhaps worse, than what your motherboard auto OC settings would've done - if it has that feature anyways.
Those auto features tend to use too much voltage at the guarantee that the OC will be stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.