CPU Hitting 100 Degrees Celcius

Ssboarder32

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014
So I just installed my new motherboard, ram, cou, and first radiator cooler. Well the cou is an i7 8700k and a corsair H100 v2 radiator. I used the preapplied thermal paste on the cooler but did have to remove the block several times as I needed to reposition it. So there were times where it was on and then back off until the final install. Well, I finally turn it on and it all runs except my cpu is hitting 100 degrees while my pump is hitting 60 ish degrees. I also hear like a chewbaca type sound coming from the waterblock/cpu area. Obviously this is an expensive cpu and I can not afford to ruing it so does anyone know what may be the priblem? I find it hard to be just the thermal paste (i will reapply just in case).

Solution
You could reapply paste to rule that out, but I'd try to pin down exactly where that 'chebacca' sound is coming from. It could well be a bad impellor in the water cooler
Is your CPU heating 100°C on idle or load?
Are the fans working on the radiator?
Either the waterblock is not seated properly on the CPU or the water pump is faulty.

If it was just the thermal paste, then there should not be any "chewbaca type sound coming from the waterblock"
By removing the waterblock several times, that could introduce some air bubbles, which could increase temps by several degrees...100°C is excessive.

TRENDING THREADS