Question CPU hitting 100 Degrees Celcius

Apr 5, 2020
I've been noticing my water coolers light turning red when playing videos games or streaming/recording. I checked temps and it showed around 95-100 during a stress test. I built this computer with my uncles help last summer in august. If someone could help i would really apreciate it.

Specs:
i7 6700K with corsair water cooler
GTX 980
600 watt power supply
32 GB gskill ram at 2400

Is the AIO in question perhaps as old/older than the rest of the rig? (6700K came out in late 2015) AIO failures are not as uncommon as most would like to think they are, as pumps can become less efficient due to microleaks, clogged internal micro-fins due to gunk, hard water deposits, algae-like slime, etc)

Is the radiator warm to the touch? it might not have any fluid running through it if the pump fails...

Assuming you are not trying any unreasonable overclocks (above 4.6 GHz, for instance), and/or too high of a core voltage (higher than 1.27-1.30 V or so) and/or running a small 120 mm radiator (which can allow thermal runaway (gradually warmer fluid cools less, leading to warmer fluid, etc) under a heavy load.

Apr 5, 2020
I'm going to check if it is hot to touch, and i think it is around the same age, (I bought it from my aunt when she upgraded all her parts) if you want i can send you a picture of the liquid cooler. I'm not that big of a PC kind of guy so i dont know everything. But thanks for the help!

Apr 5, 2020
Here is a picture of the liquid cooler, (PC picture) and i just ran my hand along the cord of the water cooler, and it is warm. I also put my finger on the radiator and the part where the cooler touchs the cpu, and they seem to be room temperature.

My official guess based on a very warm to the touch pump but room temp radiator...?

Dead pump.

I'd just replace it with a quality air cooler... (NOTE: requires 165 mm mounting height clearance in your case)

NH-D15, or similar.....(you can take it with you to the next build)