Question Cpu Hot

Feb 20, 2020
This is my temperature of the CPU when playing a game. Is this bad?
unknown.png

That cpu cooler should easily handle the i5 7500 at much lower temps. You might need to check the mounting pressure on your cooler.

Reapply the thermal paste and remount the cooler... Also before doing that you might need to check if your CPU_FAN is plugged in... if it's not it should also display it when you start your PC(CPU_FAN error).

Your case link shows a bunch of images.
Can you be more specific.
I am looking for your front intake capability in particular.
If you have two front intake fans you are probably ok.
Any cooler needs a good source of fresh air to let it do it's job.

Your cooler is fine.
Dumb question??
Did you remove a protective mylar cover on the base before mounting?

If you take the case covers off does that help?

Well first off clean any dust from the cooler and see if that improves temps to the point were your under 80C while gaming. If not then you may need to re-apply the thermal paste and re-seat the cooler. If post doing this the temps are above 80C while gaming then consider a aftermarket cooler.

Just to let you know... he's already using an aftermarket cooler: arctic freezer 33 esports(he posted it earlier). Also the cooler was installed recently.

Didn't want to nag or anything... just wanted to inform you, so maybe you'll be more helpful to him than us :).

WildCard999

Titan
Just to let you know... he's already using an aftermarket cooler: arctic freezer 33 esports(he posted it earlier). Also the cooler was installed recently.

Didn't want to nag or anything... just wanted to inform you, so maybe you'll be more helpful to him than us :).
Missed that, still waking up.

So yea with that CPU & that cooler there shouldn't be any cooling issues even with a high ambient temp, more then likely the cooler isn't installed correctly.

If you have no intake fans at all, how is you cpu cooler going to get any airflow to do it's job?
Your link is to a whole bunch of inwin cases, I have no way of knowing which image is yours.

Buy at least one front intake fan for your case.
Untill you get that, take the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
I bet your temperatures will drop to normal.

Feb 20, 2020
If you have no intake fans at all, how is you cpu cooler going to get any airflow to do it's job?
Your link is to a whole bunch of inwin cases, I have no way of knowing which image is yours.

Buy at least one front intake fan for your case.
Untill you get that, take the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
I bet your temperatures will drop to normal.
Taking the covers off did not help

What kind of thermal paste are you using?

If your temps are instantly jumping that high then it's very likely that the CPU cooler is not seated properly. What temps do you see if you go from all off and cold to the BIOS? Another question is, how much thermal paste are you using? Too little is going to cause problems. Too much is less likely to cause problems.