[SOLVED] CPU I5 6400 Skylake ig... Butthe question is what level cpu load line calibration, cpu current capability should i use?

Solution
LLC depends but you should be careful with ultra and never use extreme 24/7. Most of the time the highest LLC setting is for LN2 overclocking. See nice link for more information LLC

The CPU current capability parameter sets the threshold for the VRM to shutdown. The default setting should be ample for most overclocking. You only need to increase it if the motherboard shuts down when the CPU is under load. Just monitor the VRM's temperature when increasing but normally there is not an issue.

zx128k

Reputable
LLC depends but you should be careful with ultra and never use extreme 24/7. Most of the time the highest LLC setting is for LN2 overclocking. See nice link for more information LLC

The CPU current capability parameter sets the threshold for the VRM to shutdown. The default setting should be ample for most overclocking. You only need to increase it if the motherboard shuts down when the CPU is under load. Just monitor the VRM's temperature when increasing but normally there is not an issue.

Reactions: SupCutieZ
Solution

zx128k

Reputable
ASRock Z170 Pro4 American Megatrends Inc. P3.70 (06/23/2016)
ASRock silently brings back non-K CPU overclocking on non-Z170 motherboards

You have to be careful with overclocking it appears.

Question about BIOS-hack overclocking on non-K Skylake CPUs

I heard that some main problems include:
  1. CPU core temperature monitor has to be disabled...but later BIOS allowed you to read CPU package temperature.
  2. C-states are disabled, so your cpu runs at full speed.
  3. CPU overheat shutdown protection is disabled

Issues in this video.

CPU temperature detection is disabled. (source above video) The integrated Skylake graphics must be disabled, as must the Turbo Ratio and C-State. source

BIOS versions

asrock3-100633771-orig.png

The https://overclocking.guide website is dead so getting the right bios will be harder.

Last edited:
Reactions: SupCutieZ

TRENDING THREADS