Apr 4, 2022
I have an Acer Aspire 5 with i5-8250u mx 150. My CPU is stuck at 1.58 Ghz. I tried to fix it with intelppm from regedit by setting the start value at 4, but it just got it to 1.80 Ghz. It was working at 3.40 Ghz. Is it the bdProchot? I didn't use it at heavy task so I don't think it was activated by overheating. To mention: with a lenovo t420 with i5-2520m I had it stuck at 0.80 Ghz because the bd prochot was activating when I was forgetting to charge my laptop and it shuted down because it hasn,t had any battery left, I fixed that problem from regedit, intelppm, start value at 4. This thing happened with this laptop, the Acer , the shut down because it was left out of battery, so I tried the same strategy but it didn't work. What can I do?

Lutfij

Titan
Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending? As for your OS, mind sharing what your OS is? If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Where did you source the installer for your OS, mind you?

Apr 4, 2022
Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending? As for your OS, mind sharing what your OS is? If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Where did you source the installer for your OS, mind you?
I have windows 10 version 21H2, and it installed on the only partition existent on C. I don't have pending bios updates.

@criss551
Set intelppm back to its default setting. There is never a good reason to change that value.

BD PROCHOT throttling reduces the CPU to its minimum speed. You do not have that problem.

Run ThrottleStop 9.4.6 and post some screenshots of the main window, the FIVR and TPL windows. It sounds like Intel Turbo Boost is disabled. Maybe one of the turbo power limits is not set correctly.

Are any throttling reasons showing up red in Limit Reasons?