Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
My current spec:
mobo: h61m-DS2 rev2.0 Bios: F9
ram: 2x4gb teamgroup 1333mhz DDR3
CPU: G850
GPU: xfx rx 570 4gb
monitor: benz g2220hda 21.5" 1080p

So I've been using an i5 3470 since forever and I wanted an upgrade to an i7 3770 , I bought one from the used market , tested it with teamviewer on sellers PC and we agreed to switch our CPUs with me paying the difference for the i7. So we did , today my i7 arrived , I used a pentium G850 so I could still use my PC.

After I installed the i7 with the same stock cooler I used for the G850 , I don't get monitor signal at all , can't even access BIOS. I also removed the cmos battery to reset the bios to default settings , that seemed to do something , my pc restarted just like it did with the G850 when I've put it first time but with the i7 i still didn't get monitor signal , I even removed 1 stick of ram and changed rams between them and still nothing.

Now I have the G850 back in so i can use my PC. Any other ways to verify if it's on my end or the chip is dead? Would downgrading to BIOS F7 do the trick ?

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
It works now , I've figured to install it again before I flash any bios or do something else , this time I slightly moved it a bit in the socket so it would make better contact and now it booted up , all is good now. I don't know what the problems was , it acted weird , more like it didn't act at all , when I put the g850 for the first time my pc restarted like 4 times but then it booted up nicely, with this i7 all I got was a black screen and I restarted many times by turning off from the power supply, even removed the cmos battery to reset bios settings which i didn't have to do for the g850 , it's weird... still don't know what happened.

2spooky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2015
I'm not sure what's happening to be honest , I tried to install my cpu cooler which I had from the i5 but the plastic bracket snapped so I have to use the stock cooler again for a while , and after trying to boot it did the same exact thing that it did before , black screen and I haven't even moved the cpu in the socket , just switched coolers for a bit.

I disconnected the stock cooler and put it back again then the pc booted up correctly ... now i'll leave it like this , I get max 67C in gaming and 10mins in prime95 got it to 75C.

I wish I knew what's going on with this cpu... maybe some weird wiring anomaly when connecting the cooler fan or?... By the way I use a fan adapter cause I don't have enough fan pins on my mobo and I connected a fan adapter to where the CPU fan should be on the mobo and I use the cpu fan in the 4pin adapter and the other 3pin one I have it with a 140mm side case fan. But this shouldn't cause anything weird happening cause I've been using this since the i5 days and even with the g850 was all good... maybe this i7 is cursed , idk.

TRENDING THREADS