CPU i7-7700K Overheating at 89 degrees Celcius

ice0berg

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
New computer, starts fine at 40 degrees Celsius then slowly climbs to 89 degrees then stays there in the red.

Just got all part for building a new computer and we put everything together to get it up and running. It starts fine but eventually the cpu gets really hot and stays hot until we shut it down and try again to see if we can find a problem.

Computer specs being built:

CPU Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K (BX80677I77700K)

Motherboard -ASUS PRIME Z270-A LGA1151 DDR4 (B01NGTYV2Q)

RAM- Kingston Technology HyperX FURY Black 32 GB Kit CL15 DIMM DDR4 2400 MT/s (HX424C15FB2K4/32)

CPU cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Black

Video Card (On the Board)

Power Supply (EVGA 600 B1, 80+ BRONZE 600W) Will change to a better one eventually

Hard drive(s) - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM)

Operating System - Windows 10

Case (CM Storm Stryker - Gaming Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and Carrying Handle (SGC-5000W-KWN1)

We have tried numerous works such as disabling the cpu header fan monitor as we are using water cooling and no luck.

We have delid the cpu and cleaned up the Intel thermal paste and reapplied paste as well as silicone it back together and nothing has changed.

We were starting to wonder if it was the cooling unit but it has been working fine and the air it blows is cold still from the fans. From our scouring of the internet, we are starting to believe it is just the chip/cpu itself that is the issue.

We have tried everything possible and have started to run in circles and could really use some help or possible solutions.

Thanks

ice0berg

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Tried my older heatsink from my current computer and that seemed to work just fine.

Seems like the Water Cool heatsink I bought was not compatible with the current board I have or something along that lines that was not working.

Will be purchasing a good ol heat sink to see if that will be fine come the following week.

Will update some more on what heatsink purchased and the results.

ice0berg

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Further updates,

It seems the water cool system by Corsair does not work with windows 10. I was just reading the box and thought to check the compatible OS systems and that is not on the list.

I need to be more careful in the future.