[SOLVED] CPU idle higher than usual, and temperature cant be read outside of bios

shazzyplays

Commendable
Dec 10, 2017
So as the title states my cpu has started acted well.. funky.

It usually idles between 27 and 32 degrees celsius. But since yesterday it has started showing 40 to 50 degrees on idle. Also, ive already checked if idle usage is higher. It isnt.
To make the matters even more complicated, i can only view the temperature from inside the bios.
I have tried checking via CAM (Nzxt software that came with the cooler), Ryzen Master, and Core temp.
I know for a fact the pump is running, and that the cpu has great contact with the cooler. And it isnt overclocked either.
Motherboard is pretty new, around 2 years old.

Specs:
Ryzen 2700x
Asus Crosshair 470x
Asus rog 2080ti oc
32 gigs of corsair dominator 3000 mhz.
970 pro 500 gb m.2
960 evo 500 gb m.2
Nzxt kraken triple fanned aio

Ive spent alot of time saving up for this one, and truth be told im kinda freaking out because it was working fine less than 2 days ago.
Ive also tried updating the bios, but with no luck, none of the ez flash options worked. Ive tried manually downloading it to a usb, but i must be doing something wrong because it wont load it.

From a very concerned first time builder.

So as the title states my cpu has started acted well.. funky.

It usually idles between 27 and 32 degrees celsius. But since yesterday it has started showing 40 to 50 degrees on idle. Also, ive already checked if idle usage is higher. It isnt.
To make the matters even more complicated, i can only view the temperature from inside the bios.
I have tried checking via CAM (Nzxt software that came with the cooler), Ryzen Master, and Core temp.
I know for a fact the pump is running, and that the cpu has great contact with the cooler. And it isnt overclocked either.
Motherboard is pretty new, around 2 years old.

Specs:
Ryzen 2700x
Asus Crosshair 470x
Asus rog 2080ti oc
32 gigs of corsair dominator 3000 mhz.
970 pro 500 gb m.2
960 evo 500 gb m.2
Nzxt kraken triple fanned aio

Ive spent alot of time saving up for this one, and truth be told im kinda freaking out because it was working fine less than 2 days ago.
Ive also tried updating the bios, but with no luck, none of the ez flash options worked. Ive tried manually downloading it to a usb, but i must be doing something wrong because it wont load it.

From a very concerned first time builder.
Use HWinfo and it was probably windows update.