Ryzen 5 5600G
Team Group 3600mhz 8x2
Id cooling se 204xt cooler
Asus Tuf B450M Plus II
Tammuz ssd 240gb
Toshiba hdd 1tb
Msi Mag 550w 80+ Bronze
Tecware Forge M2

So my idle temp is aroud 49-52. When I play dota 2 in mid settings it's around 55-59. When I play New World in low settings it's 60-65. Is this normal temp? Should I change something? I mean if it's normal then it's fine for me. What's bothering me is the idle temp, since I got dual tower cooler. Please Enlighten me. Thanks!

I also searched about that ram speed also affects the temp of cpu. Where my speed of ram sets on 3600mhz, am I correct?

Solution
Ryzen 5 5600G
Team Group 3600mhz 8x2
Asus Tuf B450M Plus II
Tammuz ssd 240gb
Toshiba hdd 1tb
Msi Mag 550w 80+ Bronze
Tecware Forge M2

So my idle temp is aroud 49-52. When I play dota 2 in mid settings it's around 55-59. When I play New World in low settings it's 60-65. Is this normal temp? Should I change something? I mean if it's normal then it's fine for me. What's bothering me is the idle temp, since I got dual tower cooler. Please Enlighten me. Thanks!

I also searched about that ram speed also affects the temp of cpu. Where my speed of ram sets on 3600mhz, am I correct?

The idel temp seems a little warm but not an issue - the load temps look fine. My guess would be that your motherboard is set...
Ryzen 5 5600G
Team Group 3600mhz 8x2
Asus Tuf B450M Plus II
Tammuz ssd 240gb
Toshiba hdd 1tb
Msi Mag 550w 80+ Bronze
Tecware Forge M2

The idel temp seems a little warm but not an issue - the load temps look fine. My guess would be that your motherboard is set to auto control the fan speed on the cooler and lower the rpm (or even turn off) the fan when the cpu isn't doing much to make the system quieter. You can change the fan curves if you want in the bios to make the fan kick in earlier but honestly ~50 degrees idel and ~65 under load is fine.

Reactions: sqweeky
Solution
Apr 4, 2021
The idel temp seems a little warm but not an issue - the load temps look fine. My guess would be that your motherboard is set to auto control the fan speed on the cooler and lower the rpm (or even turn off) the fan when the cpu isn't doing much to make the system quieter. You can change the fan curves if you want in the bios to make the fan kick in earlier but honestly ~50 degrees idel and ~65 under load is fine.
I see thank you

So my idle temp is aroud 49-52. When I play dota 2 in mid settings it's around 55-59.
Your temp while gaming seems quite good. Idle temp may seem a bit warm but that can be due to the GPU warming up the inside of the case for the tower cooler. Any air cooling depends heavily on good case ventilation or it can end up using the hot air exhausting from the GPU to try and cool the CPU.

The memory can have an affect on processor temp. But it's really just a knock-on effect as the faster RAM makes the CPU wait less so it has less time for cool-off. That should not be very significant though.

Under truly heavy all-core work loads you can expect a Ryzen 5600x CPU to run in the 90-95C range. It's expected by design so it's safe for that, but keeping it well cooled so it holds temps in the 70's makes it run best.

BTW: don't just bump up your RAM clock speed, use XMP so that timings are set right. Also manually set the V-DIMM to the RAM's voltage as specified on it's package.

Last edited:
Reactions: sqweeky
Apr 4, 2021
Your temp while gaming seems quite good. Idle temp may seem a bit warm but that can be due to the GPU warming up the inside of the case for the tower cooler. Any air cooling depends heavily on good case ventilation or it can end up using the hot air exhausting from the GPU to try and cool the CPU.

The memory can have an affect on processor temp. But it's really just a knock-on effect as the faster RAM makes the CPU wait less so it has less time for cool-off. That should not be very significant though.

Under truly heavy all-core work loads you can expect a Ryzen 5600x CPU to run in the 90-95C range. It's expected by design so it's safe for that, but keeping it well cooled so it holds temps in the 70's makes it run best.

BTW: don't just bump up your RAM clock speed, use XMP so that timings are set right. Also manually set the V-DIMM to the RAM's voltage as specified on it's package.
Thanks! really helped me. I used D.O.C.P just now for that.