Question CPU Idling at 60c

manlol

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019
Just yesterday i built a new pc and the temps are absolutely horrendous, the cpu temp on idle is 55-65 c and while under load it goes up to 105 c then eventually the pc crashes, i cant tell what the problem is, ive made sure i seated the cooler right, tried both untightening it a bit and tightening on as much as i can and both showed no difference in results, ive edited cpu fan speed to full performance in BIOS and the temps did not change at all, the thermal paste on it came pre applied to the ryzen stock cooler (Wraith Stealth cooler) but i cant see that thermal paste being so bad that it crashes the pc on full load considering ive seen people run just fine with it and the thermal paste isnt old or dry or anything because i just made this yesterday. Im at a wall for figuring out whats possibly wrong with this system

Specs -

Ryzen 5 1600 (AF Model)
GTX 1650 Super
ASRock B450M Pro4
16gb DDR4 3000 mhz
EVGA 450W PSU

Not a lot of possibilities when it comes down to CPU temperatures.

• CPU cooler not efficient enough. Not your case.
  • CPU cooler not properly installed.
  • Not removing the plastic sticker on the CPU cooler block can lead to this.
  • Case is an oven. Hot room temperature.

manlol

Reputable
Apr 27, 2019
Not a lot of possibilities when it comes down to CPU temperatures.

• CPU cooler not efficient enough. Not your case.
  • CPU cooler not properly installed.
  • Not removing the plastic sticker on the CPU cooler block can lead to this.
  • Case is an oven. Hot room temperature.
there was no plastic sticker at all on the cpu cooler and the case is quite enclosed but i take the side panel off so its open case and my room is quite cool (about 50-60 f usually), cpu cooler is definitely installed properly so none of those are a possibility

poorbugger

Distinguished
Im using the ryzen 5 2600 with the wraith stealth cooler and the same motherboard. My cpu idles at 40C ish. How did you mount the cooler? Try to unplug the cooler and lift it off. Clean off the thermal paste and use a good quality paste and reinstall the cooler. The stock paste is good as well but something surely went wrong during the first installation. When you finally install back the cooler, do not lift it up again and reseat it. It is not recommended to do so. Once you placed the cooler down, make sure it stays down so be cautious. Tighten the screws on opposite corners little by little each time.

TRENDING THREADS