Question CPU in my laptop starts to slow down to 10% and FPS drops in games after WIndows Update ?

Jul 25, 2021
After WIndows Update my CPU started to slow down in games and FPS in games goes down to minimun 9 and max 20(Depends on a game). It never happened before, it started after windows update. I was trying to go back to older version, reinstall windows, change my thermal paste. But nothing helps. Its like for first 10-15 minutes game works fine and then for every 1.5-3 minuter of normal FPS and CPU Usage 15-60 seconds of low CPU usage and FPS drops with lagging and freezing. Its like a loop. BUT when I open Task Bar and monitor CPU usage it ends in 15-20 seconds. But if I stay in game it may stay up to 10 minutes. I tried a lots of videos, nothing helps. Hopefuelly someone got exact problem, and can help. And everything works fine when i'm not in a game. Strange thing is it started happening right after Windows update.

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
HP 250 G6
CPU: Intel I3-6006U @ 2.00 Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon R5 M330 2GB
RAM: 8GB Dual 1200 Mhz
HDD: 500 GB
I doubt its because of my laptop Specs, as for a year its worked fine and everything started with WIndows update(May one, if I'm sure)

I forgot to ask what kind of games you were trying to play and how full your storage is. Perhaps also going to task manager to see what the percentage disk usage is.

Jul 25, 2021
I forgot to ask what kind of games you were trying to play and how full your storage is. Perhaps also going to task manager to see what the percentage disk usage is.
For now mainly War Thunder And Battlefield 4. BF goes around 30 and War Thunder from 40-50(When CPU usage is at normal). I do have more than half of my disk space being empty. About Disk Usage its High when SYSTEM task is running. And I dont remember other ones.
On Reddit I posted about my problem and got this answer, yet didint figured out how to do it;
Usually power management issues are responsible for the processor underclocking itself.
Windows Update might have replaced a manufacturer-specific chipset driver with a generic one - first thing to try is installing the drivers from your PC/motherboard manufacturer's website.