CPU insane bottleneck ... help

subasini

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
I have 1050Ti 4gb gddr5 and q8400... gta v lowest settings 1080p i have 30 fps in city.. I see others on YT have 50 with q6600 ...

do I need to increase to high settings? gpu 35% usage cpu 100%

Solution
Increasing your settings will not improve your framerates - GPU settings have almost nothing to do with CPU load. However, since your CPU is what's limiting your framerates, you could very likely increase graphical settings and have zero negative impact on framerate.

Get_Out

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
Sir you have a core 2 duo. Your are getting insane amounts of bottle necking which is basically that your cpu is limiting how strong your gpu can run because how weak it is. Bottle necking only happens when you match one item extreme with the opposite extreme like in your case. I don't think increasing your settings will help you since i have seen in countless videos that if you have immense bottle necks like yours that increasing the seetings to high will not help.

Increasing your settings will not improve your framerates - GPU settings have almost nothing to do with CPU load. However, since your CPU is what's limiting your framerates, you could very likely increase graphical settings and have zero negative impact on framerate.

Solution

Get_Out

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

Sorry Master-
But i have also tested this i have gotten my brand new 1050 ti put it in my old core 2 duo and same thing has happened as in those videos.

Get_Out

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

Just curios