Question CPU Inserted Wrong - Possible CPU Damage?

Mar 3, 2021
This is going to sound very dumb as I am a professional in computing, but I got distracted by my two dogs and I managed to put my AMD Ryzen 9 3900x into my Asus B550-F the wrong way and I don't remember using any force either, but it went in the socket.

The QLED on the mobo is solid white on VGA) I noticed 3 bent pins when I removed the CPU.

I managed to unbend the pins using a pen knife inside down running it's down each of the lanes of pins vertically and horizontally until they straighten-out, and checked with a magnifying glass and no pins are missing and it appears as straight as when I bought it.

However, my motherboard is still showing a solid white light on VGA and previously it has not done this with the same processor in.

It's worth noting, there are no graphics cards installed on any of the PCIe slots either, I'm using the CPUs graphics with the on-board HDMI port (monitor and cable checked as working).

My question is is really for an expert on CPUs, is it likely that if the CPU was put in the wrong way, it might have short-out the CPU (socket looks fine)?

Thanks for any advice.

Mar 3, 2021
as mentioned, that's user error since you don't have any graphics capability right now
Thanks, now you mention it, I did take out my old XFX Radeon HD6850 which wasn't connected up as I'd just bought a Nvidia K80 (which has no ports) so I have a feeling you might have answer this one. Problem is, that's not in the post to someone else...

I'll get back to this thread once I've tested it out with a GPU. Thanks again!

Mar 3, 2021
Thanks for your help, I'm relieved I didn't get the CPU or damage the motherboard socket, it's now up and running since testing it out with a basic Geforce GT710 in PCIe 1 slot.

Only part in now wondering now is why when the Nvidia Tesla K80 has power supplied to its PCIe port (8 pins) on PCIe 2 slot, why the system doesn't power on at all.

I'm using a Kolink Enclave 700W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Gold, just going to connect it to my old PSU whilst it's in to see if it works off that.