[SOLVED] cpu installation am4

Jul 11, 2020
I had the cpu installed and removed it to double check the orientation of the triangles. Upon reinsertion it required a little force near the arm. I don't think I had the arm all the way up.. I continued with the installation, just waiting for the power supply. Do you think I am okay?

Solution
Don't "think". Know. Pull it back out and check to see if there are any bent pins. You want to know NOW, not after you power it up. If there are no bent pins, then it's probably fine. If there are bent pins, then maybe they can be straightened, especially if it's only one or two. If not, better to know now when it's just a CPU to replace than later when it might be a CPU, memory and motherboard replacement when something shorts out.
Don't "think". Know. Pull it back out and check to see if there are any bent pins. You want to know NOW, not after you power it up. If there are no bent pins, then it's probably fine. If there are bent pins, then maybe they can be straightened, especially if it's only one or two. If not, better to know now when it's just a CPU to replace than later when it might be a CPU, memory and motherboard replacement when something shorts out.

Solution
I agree, however, anybody installing a CPU should always look to the alignment marks, not the logo, for proper orientation. And, since this particular problem wasn't a result of that, but rather a result of trying to seat the CPU without the locking lever fully raised, I'm not even sure it would have mattered anyhow.