Question Cpu installation nightmare

Dec 19, 2019
Hi, i recently tried replacing my i5 6600k with an i5 7600 as i was having problems with it. After installing this new cpu the computer turns on and all the motherboard lights work but i get no display signal on either of my monitors. I thought maybe i bumped the gpu out of place so i reseated it but it did not work. I thought i needed to update my bios so i put my old cpu in and i get the same results. Please help me

johnsoner13

Proper
Nov 24, 2019
Check for bent pins? If the original CPU doesn’t work it sounds like you messed something up during the uninstallation and installation
Edit: actually, what kind of “problems” did your 6600k exhibit that made you want to upgrade? Also full specs please

Dec 19, 2019
Check for bent pins? If the original CPU doesn’t work it sounds like you messed something up during the uninstallation and installation
Edit: actually, what kind of “problems” did your 6600k exhibit that made you want to upgrade?
I overclocked it for a few minutes and it didnt work right so i reset my bios to default and every game i launched had massive lag and would spike every time i moved the mouse, i guess i did something to it internally, i know it didnt overheat as i had my temps up and its water cooled

Dec 19, 2019
Edit: actually, what kind of “problems” did your 6600k exhibit that made you want to upgrade? Also full specs please
8gb ddr4 2400
Rtx 2060
Asus z170-A
Skylake i5 6600k/i5 7600

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS