[SOLVED] CPU is at 100 Celsius idle, even after factory resetting

Dec 13, 2020
I tried factory resetting my pc and keeping some files and its still at 100 Celsius on all 4 cores. I ran multiple anti viruses and tried ccleaner and it still didn't work. Does anyone know a fix for this, and please don't tell me anything about the thermal paste or dust because its fine. Does anyone have a solution?

Solution
To eliminate any potential software issue, boot up just into your bios and stay there and monitor the temps and see if they increase like that. If they don't, your system is fine and you've got something eating up your cpu cycles as soon as you get into windows. :(

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Have you verified these temps in some way other than the host PC or only one monitoring program?

At 100C all cores any processor I am aware of would be hitching/throttling so badly that it wouldn't be usable on it's way to shutting down from thermal protection. I suspect some missing aspect here.

Dec 13, 2020
Have you verified these temps in some way other than the host PC or only one monitoring program?

At 100C all cores any processor I am aware of would be hitching/throttling so badly that it wouldn't be usable on it's way to shutting down from thermal protection. I suspect some missing aspect here.
I disabled the shutdown if high temperature in the bios and cant find any solution online.

To eliminate any potential software issue, boot up just into your bios and stay there and monitor the temps and see if they increase like that. If they don't, your system is fine and you've got something eating up your cpu cycles as soon as you get into windows. :(

Solution