Question CPU is below expectations, what to do?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Maybe update the chipset driver, because the turbo isn't working at all... or because base and boost clock have been manually locked to 3.6ghz.
The 5700X's base clock is 3.4ghz, but boost varies depending on how many cores are active at any time - it should be way higher than 3.6ghz even if all cores are active...

VirusKarpfen

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Maybe update the chipset driver, because the turbo isn't working at all... or because base and boost clock have been manually locked to 3.6ghz.
The 5700X's base clock is 3.4ghz, but boost varies depending on how many cores are active at any time - it should be way higher than 3.6ghz even if all cores are active...
yeah its locked on 3.6GHz i can't do anything i changed a lot of stuff in the bios but nothing

kanewolf

Titan
yeah its locked on 3.6GHz i can't do anything i changed a lot of stuff in the bios but nothing
Start by resetting the BIOS to defaults. Enable DOCP for your RAM.
Verify that you didn't do any registry "tweaks". There was another thread I was in where the OP had disabled all the C states in the registry. That prevented the (Intel) CPU from boosting or going to idle clock.

VirusKarpfen

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
Verify that you didn't do any registry "tweaks". There was another thread I was in where the OP had disabled all the C states in the registry. That prevented the (Intel) CPU from boosting or going to idle clock.
I reseted it to default and change 1 option after the other i went trough everything, when i installed the cpu it was locked to 3.6

VirusKarpfen

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
So, i fixed it somehow by deactivating ASUS optimal in the bios now its going on 4.40 but when i try activating DOCP it has only a Deactivate option